Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Car Comp
My car has been running really poorly lately.

Took it to ford they said that my diablo chip has fried the computer and i need a new one. Now that is all well and good, but they want $800 plus tax to put one in and that may or may not fix everything they said.

Any ideas?
Did you try just removing the diablo and resetting the computer?
^^ Did you try resetting?

What dealer did you take it too?

E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
take your diablo chip off and take your car to different dealer..
believe or not, they blame everything on aftermarket stuff and they refuse to do anything about it..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
konafocuswrc,Jul 4 2007, 05:49 PM Wrote:take your diablo chip off and take your car to different dealer..
believe or not, they blame everything on aftermarket stuff and they refuse to do anything about it..
[right][snapback]243103[/snapback][/right]

Well Iv'e heard the same thing, its alsways aftermarket parts that are the problem!! Like konafocuswrc said "remove the chip and take it else were, it may be a quick fix.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
You should try this of course, but IIRC the Diablo will always leave tell-tale evidence that the box was tampered with, so don't be surprised if you get the same answer.

Have you tried a wreckers? If you go to http://www.car-part.com you can even search for the ECU based on code and they all look to be $150 CAD or less.

hardk0re,Jul 4 2007, 04:18 PM Wrote:Did you try just removing the diablo and resetting the computer?
[right][snapback]243095[/snapback][/right]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *