FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i guess i went over a speed bump a bit to quick tonight and heard a little noise.
[Image: DSC01338.jpg]
this is what i seen when i got home (passenger side)

[Image: DSC01339.jpg]
drivers side

any idea on how i can fix this??
thanks in advance
Broken spring I figure? They're covered under the extended, EXTENDED warranty Ford put on the fronts... 10 years or 300,000 KMs.

Off to the dealer with you, boyo. :D
Yeah as NOS said, they are covered under the extended warranty. Is your car between 00-03? they will most likel change both fronts at the same time.

ok thanks guys. yeah my car is an 02 .i mean i doesn't look like the spring is broken but i will give it a try
Almost looks like the mount went.
No, the spring is broken, see where the coil overlaps the part of the coil in the mount? I'm certain if you were to reach around the back you will feel the broken end. You should take a good look at it before attempting to drive it to the dealer, if it shifts it'll shred your tire, unless your dealer is close you should really get it towed there. You probably don't want it riding with its full weight bottomed out on the strut anyways.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 17 2007, 10:23 AM Wrote:No, the spring is broken, see where the coil overlaps the part of the coil in the mount? I'm certain if you were to reach around the back you will feel the broken end. You should take a good look at it before attempting to drive it to the dealer, if it shifts it'll shred your tire, unless your dealer is close you should really get it towed there. You probably don't want it riding with its full weight bottomed out on the strut anyways.
[right][snapback]241577[/snapback][/right]

just checked it and the spring isn't broke just overlaps..the dealership is about a 5 minute drive away
...hhmmmm...just another reason to upgrade suspension ;)
NikiterZTS,Jun 17 2007, 11:16 AM Wrote:...hhmmmm...just another reason to upgrade suspension ;)
[right][snapback]241580[/snapback][/right]

lol thats exactly what i was thinking, suprising enough the girlfriend agrees
i figure if i have to spend any money i might as well upgrade. just the problem is im not to sure what kit to to get. i don't want to go to low or to expensive
heres the svt kit from steeda
Kit includes struts, shocks, springs, and rear swaybar as well as installation hardware.
$393.05

http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product.asp?pid=2316
castone,Jun 17 2007, 12:32 PM Wrote:heres the svt kit from steeda
Kit includes struts, shocks, springs, and rear swaybar as well as installation hardware.
$393.05

http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product.asp?pid=2316
[right][snapback]241585[/snapback][/right]

thats not to bad..how hard would it be to instal in a driveway?
the rear is easy to do,
but the front youll need a shop to compress the springs for you.
dang. that would then increase the cost

do i need to whole kit or can i just buy new springs? i was looking at lowering springs by Eibach for $249 US
or just buy a spring compressor for 12 bucks and change the front yourself , all your gonna need the shop to do is align it all up
IF you want to change the suspension, do it AFTER they do it under warranty.

That way (1) you get a free set of front springs you can put in if you sell the car or don't like the drop and (2) let the dealership loosen up any seized bolts for you. It'd be way easier after they do it.

My $.02
does it matter tho if i bought the car only 6 months ago? i didn;t get the extended warrenty, or is it something they will just cover?
tippmann,Jun 17 2007, 06:34 PM Wrote:does it matter tho if i bought the car only 6 months ago? i didn;t get the extended warrenty, or is it  something they will just cover?
[right][snapback]241598[/snapback][/right]
It's an "as needed" recall. They found out after the fact that springs of certain Fords, especially those in northern areas with a lot of road salt, were exhibiting premature failure. So they extended the warranty, it applies to the car, not the owner.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 17 2007, 05:43 PM Wrote:
tippmann,Jun 17 2007, 06:34 PM Wrote:does it matter tho if i bought the car only 6 months ago? i didn;t get the extended warrenty, or is it  something they will just cover?
[right][snapback]241598[/snapback][/right]
It's an "as needed" recall. They found out after the fact that springs of certain Fords, especially those in northern areas with a lot of road salt, were exhibiting premature failure. So they extended the warranty, it applies to the car, not the owner.
[right][snapback]241599[/snapback][/right]
ahh thats good then i was starting to think that they weren't going to cover it
tippmann,Jun 17 2007, 07:17 PM Wrote:ahh thats good then i was starting to think that they weren't going to cover it
[right][snapback]241601[/snapback][/right]
You can call the dealer to check, but you should be good to go.

BTW, don't go into detail about hitting a speedbump. Just happened driving, right?
OAC_Sparky,Jun 17 2007, 06:31 PM Wrote:
tippmann,Jun 17 2007, 07:17 PM Wrote:ahh thats good then i was starting to think that they weren't going to cover it
[right][snapback]241601[/snapback][/right]
You can call the dealer to check, but you should be good to go.

BTW, don't go into detail about hitting a speedbump. Just happened driving, right?
[right][snapback]241602[/snapback][/right]

yup driving to pick the girlfriend up from work.
Pages: 1 2