FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: #1 Mis-fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
couple of random thoughts that might be helpful

- i messed up the cam timing once in my focus because i was messing around with adjustable cam gears and didn't have #1 at tdc.. the car made like 10hp but i ran and i didn't get any deto (so i dont think its cam timing related)

- i'm pretty sure if you disconnected your MAF the computer would default to running super rich (you wouldn't be detonating, and i think your short term trim wouldn't be negative).. so i dont think its MAF related

- do you think there could be another cause of this pingining sound? like a loose heatshield or something?
Fresh out of reading stuff at my work. APARENTLY your EGR valve can cause a miss fire.
Might be something to have a look at or have looked at.

Also I get a slight rattle or *ping* from the front of my car. The strap on my Cat as rusted out and it kinda still holding but not really.... <_<

Could be heat shield. I had that problem in the back of my car. Used Mono expanding insulation foam to fix it. It comes through all the little holds in the metal and holds good to any clean surface. + Its dot3 so no catching on fire once it’s dry.

Progress BTW?
Pages: 1 2 3