FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aftermarket Foglights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey just wondering if any one has ever seen aftermarket foglights anywhere for the focus.
Like a black case set to match my headlights.
I have a while ago... but they were for the 1998 - 2001 European Focus, they were dark glass and came with yellow bulbs.... I can't remember where I saw them, and I don't know if they still make them.
You could always try and find a set of the Hella Micro DE fog lights. They pretty nice looking.
I dont like the look of those. I was thinkin more the stock shaped ones but black cased. lol
I wonder if I would get them open and give them a paint.
I notice clips on them. Are they sealed or do they come apart?
You could open them up and spray the inside black, except then they won't actually work.

The reflector is silver so it reflects the light forward.. if it's black you'll only have the brightness of the bulb itself shining directly in front of the car. You'll notice on your headlights the surround is black but the reflector itself is still shiny silver so you'll throw light ahead of the car.
guilty,May 28 2007, 12:36 AM Wrote:You could open them up and spray the inside black, except then they won't actually work.

The reflector is silver so it reflects the light forward.. if it's black you'll only have the brightness of the bulb itself shining directly in front of the car.  You'll notice on your headlights the surround is black but the reflector itself is still shiny silver so you'll throw light ahead of the car.
[right][snapback]239721[/snapback][/right]

Fog lights on the focus arnt super functional anyway lol