Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aftermarket Foglights?
Hey just wondering if any one has ever seen aftermarket foglights anywhere for the focus.
Like a black case set to match my headlights.
2000 ZX3
I have a while ago... but they were for the 1998 - 2001 European Focus, they were dark glass and came with yellow bulbs.... I can't remember where I saw them, and I don't know if they still make them.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
You could always try and find a set of the Hella Micro DE fog lights. They pretty nice looking.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I dont like the look of those. I was thinkin more the stock shaped ones but black cased. lol
I wonder if I would get them open and give them a paint.
I notice clips on them. Are they sealed or do they come apart?
2000 ZX3
You could open them up and spray the inside black, except then they won't actually work.

The reflector is silver so it reflects the light forward.. if it's black you'll only have the brightness of the bulb itself shining directly in front of the car. You'll notice on your headlights the surround is black but the reflector itself is still shiny silver so you'll throw light ahead of the car.
guilty,May 28 2007, 12:36 AM Wrote:You could open them up and spray the inside black, except then they won't actually work.

The reflector is silver so it reflects the light forward.. if it's black you'll only have the brightness of the bulb itself shining directly in front of the car.  You'll notice on your headlights the surround is black but the reflector itself is still shiny silver so you'll throw light ahead of the car.
[right][snapback]239721[/snapback][/right]

Fog lights on the focus arnt super functional anyway lol
2000 ZX3