FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Vw Gti W12 650
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont even know what to say. Its kinda out of the blue. If it hits the streets its going to blow the doors off of pretty much everything.

Volkswagen GTI W12-650
[Image: wvV12.jpg]
- VW claims a top speed of 202 mph
- 6.0l W12 12-cylinder twin-turbocharged engine mounted in the back seat of the GTI
- 650hp and 553 lb-ft. of torque (!)
- with the flared fenders the car sits over 6 feet wide and only 4.6 feet tall
- 19" wheels with 295 rear rubber and 235 front rubber
- the fenders are flared 3.15" at the rear
looks impressive, but doubt it would make it into production. althought there was the Renault Clio V6 that had a mid-engine layout and it was limited production.
"When you really, REALLY have to embarass the Ferrari next to you." :lol:
FocusGuy7476,May 17 2007, 11:47 PM Wrote:looks impressive, but doubt it would make it into production. althought there was the Renault Clio V6 that had a mid-engine layout and it was limited production.
[right][snapback]238825[/snapback][/right]

I agree, it would never make it here even if it went to production, as the Engine is in the back seat, plus I'm sure it would only be avalible in the US only.
that thing is ridiculous.... I would love to try it out to say the least, but even if it does make it into production anywhere itll only be the older crowd who can actually afford to drive one...
prepare to be owned by dad !.......... if dad happens to be in corperate law..or owns labbatts...
Purely a styling and engineering exercise, I think. Basically, "If we really wanted to, we could, but we'd rather not due to cost and liability."

Kind of like a larger scale Focus FR200, the old make the enthusiasts and fanboys drool, then not make it.

Ryan
That thing is sweet. I wish they brought that into production, then i'd just have to win the lottery to buy one :)
I like it...but yeah you guys are right i dont think that would ever make it into production...and that thing would cost a fortune...would that be any kind of problem having an engine in the back..?
girard.k,May 18 2007, 10:21 AM Wrote:I like it...but yeah you guys are right i dont think that would ever make it into production...and that thing would cost a fortune...would that be any kind of problem having an engine in the back..?
[right][snapback]238886[/snapback][/right]

...MR2 has one
I'd take a VW like that anytime... I like it.. B)
Wow.

that would be nuts.
Retardé
Gentlemen, It's a Volkswagen. It won't rust, but it will be in the shop every ten days.
oldeguy,May 18 2007, 01:23 PM Wrote:Gentlemen, It's a Volkswagen. It won't rust, but it will be in the shop every ten days.
[right][snapback]238902[/snapback][/right]

Funny, my fathers VWs have only been in for regular maintenance.
Flofocus,May 18 2007, 05:57 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 18 2007, 01:23 PM Wrote:Gentlemen, It's a Volkswagen. It won't rust, but it will be in the shop every ten days.

[right][snapback]238910[/snapback][/right]

Same deal here - I have 80K on my TDI and no probs B) - never been in the shop for anything. I do my own oil changes etc. My Fathers TDI is the same and over 120K on his - And we both get over 50mpg :P !!
dlb,May 18 2007, 02:02 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 18 2007, 05:57 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]238910[/snapback][/right]

Same deal here - I have 80K on my TDI and no probs - never been in the shop for anything. I do my own oil changes etc. My Fathers TDI is the same and over 120K on his !!
[right][snapback]238912[/snapback][/right]

My fathers 04 Wagontdi is over 140 000k, my freind just did the timing belt on it last month and said its a good thing we did....should of been done 40k ago. :blink:

traded in his 02 sedan tdi with high km for the 04 wagon.

traded his 94 golf (200+k) for the 02 sedan. :D
2 of my friends had/have VW one Corrado and another '99 Passat......the biggest POS ever thats what they say......S/C Corrado was fast though but not for long, Passat keeps breaking no matter what....always a problem with it.....they had sooo many problems with those cars its not even funny, .....in and out of the shops....so they can't even say anything about my Ford
i guess it depends if u get lucky or not with those VDub cars
The VR6 Corrardo was good... the S/C one is a heap. Passats... well, you can take a PASS AT owning one, but you'll likely trade it in.

Now a Golf GTI with a DSG... *drool*
NikiterZTS,May 18 2007, 02:14 PM Wrote:i guess it depends if u get lucky or not with those VDub cars
[right][snapback]238915[/snapback][/right]

That can be said about any car.

My focus has been in the shop more than both my fathers latest VWs.

and thats when it was relatively stock.

00 FTW. :lol:
Nice car! wont go into production only a concept but still would be sweet

its kinda like the focus rs8

i used to love the corrado slc with the vr6!
Pages: 1 2