FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment Strikes Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as we Leafs fans are all are painfully aware the Leafs have decided to raise thier ticket prices by 5% across the board... A nice slap in the face to the fans when the team hasn't made the playoffs for two years running right?

Well get set for the kick in the nads folks...

Leafs TV will now have 20 midweek games exclusively on Leafs TV (up from 12) and Sportsnet has just agreed to an eight year deal for regional Leafs coverage at $700,000 per game!

Dear god, imagine what they would do to us if this team was actually winning Stanley Cups! :wtf:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 9 2007, 10:11 AM Wrote:So as we Leafs fans are all are painfully aware the Leafs have decided to raise thier ticket prices by 5% across the board... A nice slap in the face to the fans when the team hasn't made the playoffs for two years running right?

Well get set for the kick in the nads folks...

Leafs TV will now have 20 midweek games exclusively on Leafs TV (up from 12) and Sportsnet has just agreed to an eight year deal for regional Leafs coverage at $700,000 per game!

Dear god, imagine what they would do to us if this team was actually winning Stanley Cups! :wtf:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237800[/snapback][/right]
Apparently, Leafs TV is being offered on Rogers for free, with a certain Sports package. I'm not sure about the details though.

Unfortunately, MLS&E is a Corporation, not a Sports team. Bottom line, they have to make a profit so all those teachers can retire comfortably. :blink:
If you get a FTA receiver like I have, you get about 6 dedicated hockey channels including 2 Leafs TV channels, 4 football channels and endless other sports channels.
Something to look in to.

But yeah, what's the point of never missing a Leaf game if they can't make the damn playoffs.
f*** em ..........lets go Buff-a-lo
[Image: 094i.jpg]
OAC_Sparky,May 9 2007, 06:42 PM Wrote:[Image: 094i.jpg]
[right][snapback]237828[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: ............ ahhhhhhhh Leaf fans !!

GO WINGS !!!!!!!
That's why I refuse to pay for Leafs tickets... cause they're screwing us in the end. I'm already paying for cable, so I may as well watch what's there already.
NOS2Go4Me,May 9 2007, 02:30 PM Wrote:That's why I refuse to pay for Leafs tickets... cause they're screwing us in the end. I'm already paying for cable, so I may as well watch what's there already.
[right][snapback]237831[/snapback][/right]

"Pay"? Who the hell can afford to pay for non-nosebleed seats at the ACC?

Only times I've been down to the ACC in the last few years was because of winning contests (That was a season opener two or three years ago vs. the Habs)or grabbing tickets that my dad got comped to him (God I love those seats... end corner reds... you can see everything)

If I wanted decent seats and had to get them myself I'd have to sell the Focus :ph34r:

NefCanuck
We had several opportunities where affording the tickets wasn't the question, it was everything else: timing, what else to do while we're there, etc.
LeafsTV possibly free for Rogers Digital customers this fall

This is interesting news.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/211943

"Anselmi also said the good news for Leaf fans is that those with digital boxes may get the channel free. It is negotiating with Rogers Cable to include Leafs TV as part of a free package included with all digital boxes.

"It's a concept we've been discussing, but nothing has been decided yet," Anselmi said.

That would substantially boost the channel's list of 350,000 subscribers. While subscriptions have more than tripled since the channel began airing Leaf games two years ago, Leafs TV still recorded a $3.7 million loss last year. One of the main reasons for that was that low distribution – TSN has more than 5 million Ontario subscribers – kept ratings and ad revenues below expectations."
Paolo, I've said it elsewhere, I'll say it here...

Sure I might save the $2.50/m taken down to whatever the "must carry rate" on Rogers ends up being, but all this does is fill MLSEL coffers and provides no incentive for them to change their ways <_<

NefCanuck
Leafs T.V. is a waste of money. I got it last year thinking it would be useful. I don't want to watch timbits hockey and interviews with guys dead a long time ago. Show me vintage games when there isn't a scheduled game. And the games they did cover were against absolute nobody's... That channel has about 3 hours of material that they rotate over and over again.

They can keep it this year, I'm out!

As for the hike in tickets....whata joke. When are you guys going to realize that Leaf games are not catered to fans. They're not! 29.00 a beer and a sushi platter? :blink: Try and buy that s*** in Edmonton.

Leaf games are for executives. bar none!

Sure you can't beat the excitement, the enegy in the air, the giddyness that comes with knowing you're going to be sitting in plainums... it's all part of the experience I guess....but for $400.00.... No thanks, I'd rather watch it in HD at a bar with a cold one that cost me 1/5 of a beer at the game, and instant replay. ANY DAY.
ANTHONYD,May 9 2007, 08:01 PM Wrote:Sure you can't beat the excitement, the enegy in the air, the giddyness that comes with knowing you're going to be sitting in plainums... it's all part of the experience I guess....but for $400.00.... No thanks, I'd rather watch it in HD at a bar with a cold one that cost me 1/5 of a beer at the game, and instant replay. ANY DAY.
[right][snapback]237872[/snapback][/right]

I completely agree and I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually a 1/5th of a beer in the water that they pour into those cups at the ACC.

Quote:If you get a FTA receiver like I have, you get about 6 dedicated hockey channels including 2 Leafs TV channels, 4 football channels and endless other sports channels.
Something to look in to.

Got a FTA receiver and watching Dishnet rocks compared to the pays*** that Robers forces down our throats for way too much money.

PS: if you guys are interested in a group deal on FTA equipment PM me and we can work something out I am local dealer in downtown Toronto.

Laterz :)
Re: Watered down beer

That's why when I'm buying down at the ACC, I only buy bottles (at $7.50 a crack :blink: :ph34r:)

Plats? Feh those aren't seats I lust after personally, sure they might be cushy, but they have all the energy level of a Lawrence Welk tribute concert...

Reds or higher that's where the party is...

But yeah I gotta say sitting on my couch at home in front of a 50" HDTV & DD 5.1 audio system, w/a beer in my hands that was less than $2, is just about as good ;)

NefCanuck
I just hear JFJ is coming back for another 3 years.

WTF?

His comment was "The management is NOT unhappy"

THAT'S THE FREAKIN' PROBLEM WITH THIS CLUB....WE'VE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS LAST 3 YEARS AND MANAGEMENT IS HAPPY????

W.T.F.??

W.T.F???
ANTHONYD,May 10 2007, 08:39 AM Wrote:I just hear JFJ is coming back for another 3 years.

WTF?

His comment was "The management is NOT unhappy"

THAT'S THE FREAKIN' PROBLEM WITH THIS CLUB....WE'VE MISSED THE PLAYOFFS LAST 3 YEARS AND MANAGEMENT IS HAPPY????

W.T.F.??

W.T.F???
[right][snapback]237912[/snapback][/right]
When I was a teenager, waaaaaay back when, we used to say maybe next year the Argos would win the Grey Cup, it only took 17 or so years. I was thinking that maybe before I become a Granfather, but, that may be sooner than the Leafs win the Cup. Before I die, the Leafs will win the Cup

Management, will always be happy, as long as the Company makes a profit, since the salary cap was put in place it'll be easier to keep making a profit.

We have to remember that the Buffalo fans a couple of years ago wanted to fire the GM and the Coach, because the team sucked. Now, where is Buffalo?

So, we should give JFJ maybe three years to get this team in the finals. After that, send him and the guys above him to Siberia.
Jesus :blink: another three years of JFJ...

Are we being punished for something?

Christ I'd like my dad to see a Stanley Cup parade and know what the hell is going on this time :rolleyes: (True story, he was F.O.B. in '67 and had arrived in Toronto mere days before the Leafs won the Cup in '67 and was dragged downtown by my uncle for the parade after they won... didn't have a freakin' clue what the parade was all about :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,May 10 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:Jesus :blink: another three years of JFJ...

Christ I'd like my dad to see a Stanley Cup parade and know what the hell is going on this time :rolleyes: (True story, he was F.O.B. in '67 and had arrived in Toronto mere days before the Leafs won the Cup in '67 and was dragged downtown by my uncle for the parade after they won... didn't have a freakin' clue what the parade was all about :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237926[/snapback][/right]
He will this time. Gentlemen, give it time.
I can't find the article now.. read it last night.

But, they were saying that some of the upper management and whatnot wasn't happy with little JFJ.. so maybe his days are numbered still.

I'll see if I can find it.
oldeguy,May 10 2007, 09:06 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,May 10 2007, 09:52 AM Wrote:Jesus :blink: another three years of JFJ...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237926[/snapback][/right]
He will this time. Gentlemen, give it time.
[right][snapback]237928[/snapback][/right]

My dad doesn't that have that much time left for JFJ's myriad number of "plans" to come to fruition :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2