FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Warning Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a huge problem with my Focus. I have a yellow light with an explanation mark come on. When it comes on, I lose power and the engine "bogs" or"putters. I ran the computer on it and no codes come up, all sensors are good. Anyone know what the light means? it is the yellow one just below the airbag light.
IIRC that is the check engine light and if you're not getting a code when the engine is running normally, its an intermittent failure of some kind which is a bugger to trace yourself unless you have a code reader that can log data from the engine computer while the car is in motion...

NefCanuck
Multi-function: Automatic transaxle/cooling system - (On Zetec or automatic transaxle vehicles only) -- Check your coolant level and your tranny fluid. If it lights while driving, bring your vehicle in for service.

It's in your manual.
its a 5 speed...Is there a way to check the tranny fluid on the 5 speed? I cant find anywhere to check the level
redZX3,May 7 2007, 01:11 AM Wrote:its a 5 speed...Is there a way to check the tranny fluid on the 5 speed? I cant find anywhere to check the level
[right][snapback]237579[/snapback][/right]

No. there really isnt a way to check.
it's the {!} light right?

I had if go off in my car a few times, it's a warning for the cooling system, it's a safety feature to prevent your focus from over heating on you. Call you dealer to set up an appointment pronto.
redZX3,May 7 2007, 01:11 AM Wrote:its a 5 speed...Is there a way to check the tranny fluid on the 5 speed? I cant find anywhere to check the level
[right][snapback]237579[/snapback][/right]
That light cover BOTH automatic trannies AND your cooling system.

Seeing you don't have a auto then logically it would be your cooling system.

As for your transmission oil on a standard, there should be a plug on the side of the tranny to fill and check the fluid, you top the fluid up until it's to the bottom of the hole. Best leave it to someone who's got some experience though.
I've had that light come on and the car sputter before b/c of a loose connection on the battery cables to the battery terminal. Check that out make sure they're tight.
Yup, just did all the wiring.....everything is tight and all brand new.....I am going to go and get the cooling system checked out....Thank you guys