Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning Light
I am having a huge problem with my Focus. I have a yellow light with an explanation mark come on. When it comes on, I lose power and the engine "bogs" or"putters. I ran the computer on it and no codes come up, all sensors are good. Anyone know what the light means? it is the yellow one just below the airbag light.
IIRC that is the check engine light and if you're not getting a code when the engine is running normally, its an intermittent failure of some kind which is a bugger to trace yourself unless you have a code reader that can log data from the engine computer while the car is in motion...

NefCanuck
Multi-function: Automatic transaxle/cooling system - (On Zetec or automatic transaxle vehicles only) -- Check your coolant level and your tranny fluid. If it lights while driving, bring your vehicle in for service.

It's in your manual.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
its a 5 speed...Is there a way to check the tranny fluid on the 5 speed? I cant find anywhere to check the level
redZX3,May 7 2007, 01:11 AM Wrote:its a 5 speed...Is there a way to check the tranny fluid on the 5 speed? I cant find anywhere to check the level
[right][snapback]237579[/snapback][/right]

No. there really isnt a way to check.
2000 ZX3
it's the {!} light right?

I had if go off in my car a few times, it's a warning for the cooling system, it's a safety feature to prevent your focus from over heating on you. Call you dealer to set up an appointment pronto.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
redZX3,May 7 2007, 01:11 AM Wrote:its a 5 speed...Is there a way to check the tranny fluid on the 5 speed? I cant find anywhere to check the level
[right][snapback]237579[/snapback][/right]
That light cover BOTH automatic trannies AND your cooling system.

Seeing you don't have a auto then logically it would be your cooling system.

As for your transmission oil on a standard, there should be a plug on the side of the tranny to fill and check the fluid, you top the fluid up until it's to the bottom of the hole. Best leave it to someone who's got some experience though.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I've had that light come on and the car sputter before b/c of a loose connection on the battery cables to the battery terminal. Check that out make sure they're tight.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Yup, just did all the wiring.....everything is tight and all brand new.....I am going to go and get the cooling system checked out....Thank you guys

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warning Light Mason 7 2,447 10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Last Post: ZED_not_zee