FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Test Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I have my G road test today. I think I should be good for passing it just not in my car.
Gonna take the rents Ford Expedition. It’s the only automatic I could find lol <_<
good luck, check your mirrors often and watch the speed limits.
Yeah, take it easy because you're driving a car that's larger and tippier than a Focus...

NefCanuck
I have no clue what a G road test is...

but anywho..

good luck!
torradan,Apr 23 2007, 11:41 AM Wrote:I have no clue what a G road test is...

but anywho..

good luck!
[right][snapback]235920[/snapback][/right]

graduated license system for Ontario.

g1: You can only drive with another "G" driver that has 4 years min experience (i think). Cant drink at all, cant drive on 400 series highways after dark.

g2: cant drink at all, can only have the amount of people that their is seatbelts. Can drive by yourself.

g: can drink to the legal limit (.008), can drive by yourself.
I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with that when I move :) Just give them my NY license and get my shiny new Ontario one.
Your almost 23 and your just getting your G spot license now? WTF???
meford4u,Apr 23 2007, 08:05 PM Wrote:Your almost 23 and your just getting your G spot license now?  WTF???
[right][snapback]235997[/snapback][/right]
I was wondering the same thing. :unsure: Why did you wait until now to complete your license?
Passed with only one issue. Failed to Parallel park that boat properly.

And for as I waited so long. I dont know I just never got around to it.
I didnt get my G1 till I was 17 cause I wasnt driving at that point anyway.
Congrats!

When I was practicing for my road test.. I practiced parallel parking in a surburban.. then used a cavalier for the actual test :)

Wait until you go somewhere that allows parking on both sides of the road, pointing in either direction -- yeah, cars pointing in either direction.. Its like that in Pittsburgh. Parallel parking becomes an art form.
Good job man!! Parallel parking is s***ty when driving something that big and that your not used to..dont' sweat it
I did my G in my SVT the instructor loved it.
Congrats Mason!
Congrats... yeah parallel parking is real pain, esp. if you haven't practiced it a lot in the car that you're testing in.

NefCanuck
Congrats! But on a lighter note... this would explain why you backed your sedan's fart cannon into the parking spot at the bbq last year! :lol: :P

Seriously though, congrats on the license.
Congrats on passing, I did my test in my Mini and with luck the guy was an old English man that hadn't been in one for ages, at one point during the test he asked me to do a 3 point turn and I asked if he was sure as I could easily have done a u turn with the car. :D

Laterz :)
congrats on your test man...

I remember mine.. instructor came out and said in a french accent, "I failed the last 3 people before you and I'm not afraid to fail you too".

talk about putting the pressure on... but I scored perfect somehow..

the trick to perfect parallel parking is getting the rear bumpers lined up, the rest is as simple as "full lock and go till your 45, then full lock the other way until you're straight". if the bumpers start off lined up perfectly, you can park in a space that's barely large enough for your car.

congrats Menos...problem with the parking?
this is what i pulled on my test
parking
euro_zx5,Apr 24 2007, 07:07 PM Wrote:Congrats! But on a lighter note... this would explain why you backed your sedan's fart cannon into the parking spot at the bbq last year! :lol: :P

[right][snapback]236208[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

OMG that was the highlight of last years BBQ. Maybe Anthony will grace us with his psychic abilities again this year.
I never had a problem with parallel parking but everyone has a weakness in different areas , In new brunswick we have one written test for beginners and one drivers test for grad lisc 2

Grad lis 1 (beginners)(one lisc passenger)
Grad lis 2 allowed by yourself , any drinking or offence cut lisc anyone with you
class 5 - any two axle vehicle and points system
Pages: 1 2