Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Today
So I have my G road test today. I think I should be good for passing it just not in my car.
Gonna take the rents Ford Expedition. It’s the only automatic I could find lol <_<
2000 ZX3
good luck, check your mirrors often and watch the speed limits.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah, take it easy because you're driving a car that's larger and tippier than a Focus...

NefCanuck
I have no clue what a G road test is...

but anywho..

good luck!
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Apr 23 2007, 11:41 AM Wrote:I have no clue what a G road test is...

but anywho..

good luck!
[right][snapback]235920[/snapback][/right]

graduated license system for Ontario.

g1: You can only drive with another "G" driver that has 4 years min experience (i think). Cant drink at all, cant drive on 400 series highways after dark.

g2: cant drink at all, can only have the amount of people that their is seatbelts. Can drive by yourself.

g: can drink to the legal limit (.008), can drive by yourself.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with that when I move :) Just give them my NY license and get my shiny new Ontario one.
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Your almost 23 and your just getting your G spot license now? WTF???
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Apr 23 2007, 08:05 PM Wrote:Your almost 23 and your just getting your G spot license now?  WTF???
[right][snapback]235997[/snapback][/right]
I was wondering the same thing. :unsure: Why did you wait until now to complete your license?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Passed with only one issue. Failed to Parallel park that boat properly.

And for as I waited so long. I dont know I just never got around to it.
I didnt get my G1 till I was 17 cause I wasnt driving at that point anyway.
2000 ZX3
Congrats!

When I was practicing for my road test.. I practiced parallel parking in a surburban.. then used a cavalier for the actual test :)

Wait until you go somewhere that allows parking on both sides of the road, pointing in either direction -- yeah, cars pointing in either direction.. Its like that in Pittsburgh. Parallel parking becomes an art form.
--
Team PITA
Good job man!! Parallel parking is s***ty when driving something that big and that your not used to..dont' sweat it
I did my G in my SVT the instructor loved it.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Congrats Mason!
Congrats... yeah parallel parking is real pain, esp. if you haven't practiced it a lot in the car that you're testing in.

NefCanuck
Congrats! But on a lighter note... this would explain why you backed your sedan's fart cannon into the parking spot at the bbq last year! :lol: :P

Seriously though, congrats on the license.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Congrats on passing, I did my test in my Mini and with luck the guy was an old English man that hadn't been in one for ages, at one point during the test he asked me to do a 3 point turn and I asked if he was sure as I could easily have done a u turn with the car. :D

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
congrats on your test man...

I remember mine.. instructor came out and said in a french accent, "I failed the last 3 people before you and I'm not afraid to fail you too".

talk about putting the pressure on... but I scored perfect somehow..

the trick to perfect parallel parking is getting the rear bumpers lined up, the rest is as simple as "full lock and go till your 45, then full lock the other way until you're straight". if the bumpers start off lined up perfectly, you can park in a space that's barely large enough for your car.

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

congrats Menos...problem with the parking?
this is what i pulled on my test
parking
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
euro_zx5,Apr 24 2007, 07:07 PM Wrote:Congrats! But on a lighter note... this would explain why you backed your sedan's fart cannon into the parking spot at the bbq last year! :lol: :P

[right][snapback]236208[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

OMG that was the highlight of last years BBQ. Maybe Anthony will grace us with his psychic abilities again this year.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I never had a problem with parallel parking but everyone has a weakness in different areas , In new brunswick we have one written test for beginners and one drivers test for grad lisc 2

Grad lis 1 (beginners)(one lisc passenger)
Grad lis 2 allowed by yourself , any drinking or offence cut lisc anyone with you
class 5 - any two axle vehicle and points system
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99