FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Small Or Big Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
today i noticed that when i put my signal light on then turn the wheel it dosnt auto shut off.

like with signal light on full lock to lock dosnt shut it off. both left and right

has any one had this problem.
It'll probably just be the switch on the steering wheel

they come out easy.... Just go to the wreckers and snag one they can't be more than $5-$10
it is called clockspring..

this happened to me 5 years ago and never replaced it..
Nah the clockspring has nothing to do with the signal lever.. the clockspring supplies communication to the horn/airbag/cruise control..

you need a new turn signal lever the release tab is broken.. its easy to replace its about a 10 min job

I got a bunch of levers and clocksprings I'm gettin rid of :P
Feral,Nov 30 2009, 02:19 AM Wrote:Nah the clockspring has nothing to do with the signal lever.. the clockspring supplies communication to the horn/airbag/cruise control..

you need a new turn signal lever the release tab is broken.. its easy to replace its about a 10 min job

I got a bunch of levers and clocksprings I'm gettin rid of :P
[right][snapback]297871[/snapback][/right]

well maby we could make a deal

i suggest you to research on ford focus clockspring..
some say it is repairable..but i never taken apart to actually see inside but it is clockspring for sure..
ClockSpings can be replaced not repaired...

only 1 way to find out

pop the top of your steering column and unplug the turn signal assembly then push the tab and pull it up

once out hold the handle and push the handle to either side till it clicks into place you will see a small tab on the inside pop out push the tab to either side to see if it releases if it fails to pop out or release when you flick it side to side then its the handle if it does release then it's the clock spring

the tab is thin plastic and I've already replaced one on one of my cars cuz they held the handle up while turning and it broke

here the tab on one of the handles
in its retracted state (turn signal not engaged)
[Image: DSCF2378.jpg]

heres the tab extended out (turn signal engaged)
[Image: DSCF2379.jpg]
Jmountney1,Nov 29 2009, 08:08 PM Wrote:today i noticed that when i put my signal light on then turn the wheel it dosnt auto shut off. 

like with signal light on full lock to lock dosnt shut it off. both left and right

has any one had this problem.
[right][snapback]297863[/snapback][/right]

Happened to me twice on two different Foci ... Ford replaced the whole unit under warranty both times and IIRC there was a TSB on it too.