FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rattle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey. When its cold out and im not depressing the clutch peddle some times I get a rattle comming from the engine bay some where.
But when I push the clutch peddle down it will stop, Then return when I let it off again.

Only when its cold cold out like the last few nights.

Any one have any Ideas?
Idle throw bearing (terminology?) for the clutch needs to be replaced.

It's cursed. I'll get my Dad's 40-ton wrecker so you can drag it down the highway at 70+ MPH and then cut it loose. Fun had by all! :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 9 2007, 11:53 AM Wrote:Idle throw bearing (terminology?) for the clutch needs to be replaced.

It's cursed. I'll get my Dad's 40-ton wrecker so you can drag it down the highway at 70+ MPH and then cut it loose. Fun had by all! :lol:
[right][snapback]233938[/snapback][/right]

Wrong.

It's called "gear rollover noise"

It's harmless.
WRONG- ITS CALLED OWNING A FOCUS

:censored2: :deal: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I figure its harmless sence it does it when not in gear + it does not affect how the car drives or idles. Nothing feels wrong. Also seems to be when its cold not warm out

Well ford is gonna lend me an ear tomarrow.
With any hope your right Anthonyd

Keeping in mind my clutch is new. Is it able to be adjusted on the focus?
When I brought my car in for this issue back in 2002, they had not heard of this before. The first time they re-aligned the tranny. Apparently there are these pins that align the tranny and when they go out of whack they contribute to the "gear roll over noise" The second time I had it in, they kept the car for 2 days to do some "tests" they actually told me they were learning from my car as they were beginning to see this issue more and more as time went on and they wanted to figure out EXACTLY what it is. I went to see the car and they were taking pictures of the tranny etc... Not to mention 3 guys working on the car.

2 days later I got my 2nd tranny and they said the noise is harmless. Apparently, the Focus has a noisey transmission was their diagnosis.

Yeah, sounds like gearroll over noise. Aftermarket clutches will make this noise sound even worse.
Well I went to ford and they couldnt tell me anything. As its not cold out it does not do it.
Sounds proper today but it wont once it gets cold.

Basicly i gotta blow out there on a cold day and have em listen to it.

They cant seem to give me an answer on why it would only do it when its cold.
Mason,Apr 10 2007, 01:40 PM Wrote:Well I went to ford and they couldnt tell me anything. As its not cold out it does not do it.
Sounds proper today but it wont once it gets cold.

Basicly i gotta blow out there on a cold day and have em listen to it.

They cant seem to give me an answer on why it would only do it when its cold.
[right][snapback]234104[/snapback][/right]

i had the same problem...i was concerned but when i brought it to ford they said it was gear rollover and it was harmless
Well the answer is in.
I needs a flush and fill. they think I might be slighty low on tranny fluid.
This would explain why its a little sticky going in and outa gear when its cold to.

Booked for a flush.

I wouldn't say it's an answer until the issue is fixed.
How did they figure it was the tranny fluid? Don't remember seeing a dip stick for that...
The only other thing it could be they dont wanna worry about till after the flush. it has sence been nice in london and has stoped making the noice.
Try one of these Mason.

:lol:

[Image: b00007e8bhjg4.jpg]
You should hold on to this picture.
[Image: electronics_fuse_blown.jpg]
Electrical knowledge, not everyone has. Spelling skills everyone should have.

I'm gonna give this one to anthony

:lol: :lol:
how is your clutch holding under high load? It might be an issue of the lining wearing out since shifting is becoming sticky, non-energization of the syncro.
just a thought!
habmann,Apr 16 2007, 10:34 PM Wrote:Electrical knowledge, not everyone has. Spelling skills everyone should have.

I'm gonna give this one to anthony

:lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]235035[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Nice try Mason. :rolleyes:

p.s. learn to take a joke.
zx5chris,Apr 16 2007, 11:59 PM Wrote:how is your clutch holding under high load? It might be an issue of the lining wearing out since shifting is becoming sticky, non-energization of the syncro.
just a thought!
[right][snapback]235051[/snapback][/right]

It hold up with no issues. Car drives just fine.
habmann,Apr 16 2007, 10:34 PM Wrote:Electrical knowledge, not everyone has. Spelling skills everyone should have. [right][snapback]235035[/snapback][/right]
A dictionary won't help you when your car's stuck on the side of the road with a blown fuse.

Even an idiot can spell "C-A-A".

I think it's Anthony - 1: Mason - 1 :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Apr 19 2007, 12:03 AM Wrote:
habmann,Apr 16 2007, 10:34 PM Wrote:Electrical knowledge, not everyone has. Spelling skills everyone should have. [right][snapback]235035[/snapback][/right]
A dictionary won't help you when your car's stuck on the side of the road with a blown fuse.

Even an idiot can spell "C-A-A".

I think it's Anthony - 1: Mason - 1 :lol:
[right][snapback]235456[/snapback][/right]

LOL We're All Judges :lol:
Pages: 1 2