FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fitness Checkup - Month 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, it's now been 3 months on the plan...

this month's been difficult with St. patty's day and birthdays and whatnot, but I made it through.

Another 9lbs off, and I'm now 247... that's 39 lbs since Jan 8 for those who are counting.

Still working out -- weights are going up.. have added more time to the bike riding, and I'll soon be playing volleyball 4 nights a week... which hopefully means I won't be working too much overtime the next couple of months, because I'm gonna need that time for the fitness plan.

so for those that have made it this far with their plan.. how's progress going?
Congrats man, keep it going. I reached my goal about 4 months ago (before the new year). I was almost 200 now down to 165lbs.

I used to play some volleyball (actually quite a bit) back in the day, but then I got married, had kids, got a real job... yadda yadda yadda.

Anyhow, good luck!

Congrats Steve, and Alien-Tek too!

I'm at the same weight roughly (180) but I'm benching more (sets of 170 lbs on free weights, sets of 65 and 70 for bench flyes) and just doing more weight in general. I'm definitely feeling more "in shape" than last year.

With ball hockey 4 times a week and now the prospect of summer ice pickup hockey (been out twice, the first day was SO brutal) once a week at lunch... I'm finally starting to feel like the old me of oh... 10 YEARS AGO! It's nice.

Just a reminder to everyone that as long as you're doing SOMETHING, it's better than doing absolutely nothing at all. :D
185lbs and holding, not doing anything special, just going for a walk now and then. Was 235 not so long ago.
Holding steady here, lost an entire week due to work and being out of town and boy did I feel it the next time I went into the gym :ph34r:

Trying to go in extra days to compensate but I'm gonna have to skip my planned extra day today thanks to a nasty case of the sniffles... methinks washing & waxing teh car Friday afternoon is catching up to me :angry:

NefCanuck
Is anyone here trying to gain weight? Also do any of you work out at any gyms in the Bloor/Spadina area?

Thanks
Good job everyone. My fitness plan is the opposite. I'm trying to bulk up. I was at 215, and now I am hovering around 230. All within the last 2 months or so. Now time to switch it out, and get back on the cardio band wagon, and lean out.
I gained 5lbs at the beach on vacation.

I am not worried.

It was a great trip.

Oh, and did I mention my wife, when I was golfing and she was at the beach, got pictures of topless women for me?

Gotta love her.
meford4u,Apr 1 2007, 12:58 PM Wrote:I gained 5lbs at the beach on vacation.

I am not worried.

[right][snapback]232748[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you didn't mention you current weight.

I think it is an important piece of info. :D
Alien-Tek,Apr 1 2007, 12: Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 1 2007, 12:58 PM Wrote:I gained 5lbs at the beach on vacation.

I am not worried.

[right][snapback]232748[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you didn't mention you current weight.

I think it is an important piece of info. :D
[right][snapback]232760[/snapback][/right]
I started my diet on march 23rd last year at 329lbs and 6'4".

I am now at 278lbs at 6'3.75". I am shrinking in many ways.

And STFU about the pepe comments.
Good job all of you!

Some of you might remember that I was training for an adventure race... well, I'm still training, but none of my team members are!

In other words, if any of you would like to try a 6-8 hour adventure race near the Ottawa river, let me know... I'm looking for a new team!
i just still go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week,,,,for some reason im not gaining or loosing any weight(160lbs at 5'10)....but the body looks more pumped and muscle texture is more visible....
and i always drink protein shacke after the work out
I've been trying to eat better and workout more since I realised how bad I was in the summer in terms of health .. I was 190-195 in Feb '06 with a nice layer of muscle from working out for 6-7 months.. But when I moved back here to Canada I stopped doing everything and stopped eating as well.. June was a really horrible month for me, and I stopped eating for a while, and got to 145.. A mix of things I shouldn't have been putting in my body and being extremely unhealthy in the way that I refused to eat.. A few friends and family members took notice after they hadn't seen me in a few months, and intervened.. I've been going to the gym when I get a chance, and have been walking to work everyday, and eating alot better .. and now I'm at 165 and look significantly more healthy..

My main concern was how bad I got, I needed some meat, now that I have it, it's time to tone everything..

Congrats on you guys for setting goals and coming within reach of them, it takes alot of work and determination .. Living a healthier life just makes you all around feel and look so much better.. I'm alot happier now that I'm not getting harassed by people saying they can see my rib cage through the back of my shirt.. That was pretty lame.
NikiterZTS,Apr 1 2007, 06:40 PM Wrote:can't say that i had a 7 healthy days when i was in Cuba last week
:)

[Image: Picture045-1.jpg]
[right][snapback]232800[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I know, your Girlfriend keeps telling me how pissed off she is at you for not taking her.

but on topic though.

I don't know what the hell I've been doing because I have not changed in weight or anything over the last month.... although I have been wanting more water then anything else... I can't seem to get enough of it in a day I've been finding.
NikiterZTS,Apr 1 2007, 05:40 PM Wrote:can't say that i had  7 healthy days when i was in Cuba last week
:)

[Image: Picture045-1.jpg]
[right][snapback]232800[/snapback][/right]
Where in Cuba and where did you stay?

I was in Varadero at Melia Las Americas this past week.

whoo hoo sun and fun
we should of went to Varadero....heard good things about it

we were in Cayo Coco and the resourt called Playo Coco.....please people don't ever go there....the most boring place on earth....

next time im going to Trype resourt 15 mins away from that place...now thats a different story
Cayo Coco is for old people. WTF were you doing there?
aaahh.....its almost that age for me :lol:
I'm a tank.
Pages: 1 2