FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Whatcha Doin' With Your Tax Refund?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This question comes up every year, but as I just got my refund today, I figured I'd see what, if any, plans people have for their tax refunds.

Me, not too exciting, but going towards the mastercard.

which will eventually end up going towards something else... :ph34r:
mine has come and gone already, paying off bills.
torradan,Mar 22 2007, 12:49 PM Wrote:mine has come and gone already...
[right][snapback]231557[/snapback][/right]

Ditto, put the new floors in! :D
credit card bills :(
Haven't got it yet but probably paying off what my Dad owes (passed away 03 Jan) I received a fair amount for the estate so I'm covered for it ......... no issues. Bottom line though if your the executor of a will its quite a lot of work, especially if you don't know where all the persons accts are :( My Dad I were sorted out pretty good but I've heard some horror stories !!!
^^-- sorry to hear about that.. my belated condolences to you and your family.

My mom was executor of my aunt's and granparent's estates.. it's a fulltime job!

Its come and gone: bought a new water heater and put the remainder towards renos, legal bill, property taxes and credit card. Looking forward to my annual bonus mid April, thats my vacation/fun money.
Mine paid off my credit card bill, and a pretty good chunk of it went towards the new computer. The rest will go into savings for a new car at some point this year.
Some into savings, maybe the new CAI. Otherwise, I have a train layout to finish.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2007, 01:51 PM Wrote:Some into savings, maybe the new CAI. Otherwise, I have a train layout to finish.
[right][snapback]231567[/snapback][/right]

take pictures!

my layout is sitting here in hibernation, and all of the trains are in their cases.. haven't touched anything in over a year now.. waiting to move before i unpack everything.
I'll post some stuff up to Facebook and here tonight :)
did they get that net file glitch fixed yet?? nice thing about being a student is that i dont have to much s*** to worry about and can easily do it myself!! :)
2001 ZTS,Mar 22 2007, 01:33 PM Wrote:Looking forward to my annual bonus mid April, thats my vacation/fun money.
[right][snapback]231565[/snapback][/right]

I bought some IMAX stock about 4 months ago @ 3.80 with my bonus money. Thinking of selling the profits to build my deck :D
ZX5focused,Mar 22 2007, 02:02 PM Wrote:did they get that net file glitch fixed yet?? nice thing about being a student is that i dont have to much s*** to worry about and can easily do it myself!! :)
[right][snapback]231573[/snapback][/right]

yes, they said they'd have it up by the 15th, and it was back up on the 14th.

torradan,Mar 22 2007, 10:56 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2007, 01:51 PM Wrote:Some into savings, maybe the new CAI. Otherwise, I have a train layout to finish.
[right][snapback]231567[/snapback][/right]

take pictures!

my layout is sitting here in hibernation, and all of the trains are in their cases.. haven't touched anything in over a year now.. waiting to move before i unpack everything.
[right][snapback]231570[/snapback][/right]

What scale trains do you guys have? My dad has a huge amount of N scale. I don't really have too much interest in it but he loves it. I help him out when I can and when he needs it, which is fairly often.
adding it to my buy a house fund, if my tax program is right I am getting close to $4000 back... yay me
Mods, can we shovel the train talk into the new thread I created? :)
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 22 2007, 03:27 PM Wrote:Mods, can we shovel the train talk into the new thread I created? :)
[right][snapback]231587[/snapback][/right]

nah.. the posts will end up ahead of yours... but people know there's a thread for it now... which is good
You guys are going to laugh..

I don't make enough money to pay taxes... so... I'm giving my tax credits to my dad.

Oh the life of a student!
Mine and the Wife's return is going to either new windows or a tankless hot water heater.

Laterz :)
Pages: 1 2 3