FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Header Kit , Rt Hiflow Cat & Flex Install !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Saturday night I decided to take apart my header , cat & flex to get ready for the comming set up. I finished tonight ( 6.00 pm ) go on Ebay and found this : SVT Header kit !

[Image: a46a_1.JPG]

Let's talk about good timing.. I did not know what will be my set up , I was heading toward a shorty but really wanted a SVT kit , as soon as I get the kit I'm sending it to be ceramic coated. Next step is the Hi-flow Cat and flex ( still don't know where I'll be buying them yet ) .

Here's what I've been working on this week end :

I had a little fight with the heat guard.. :angry:

[Image: 146319.jpg]

Ugly....

[Image: 146320.jpg]

[Image: 146942.jpg]

[Image: 146943.jpg]

Now all I have to do is a little bit of cleaning and wait for the parts to show up . March 6 I'm going to Minessota for a week ( work ) I may have the Flex and Hi-flow cat shipped at the hotel and bring them back with me to save some fees.
this is gonna be one clean ride with balls.....im glad that you actually going with SVT set up and not shorty
i think mcnews sells the rest of what u need to finish your header set up

p.s. why did u take the cam gear cover off? any plans for changing that as well? ;)
I'll be taking the gear off to get painted ( or powder coated ) black , just to have it clean.

I will have spent a lot of hours detailling my car this winter , it's a lot of fun . I love doing that. :)
Stll working slowly on my stuff. All Pieces of header , cat , flex etc. is out. Some bolts and nut gave me hard time but it's usual.

[Image: 147585.jpg]

Doing some cleaning since I'm not expecting to put it back together before end of march.

[Image: 147587.jpg]

Finally next week since I'll be in Minessota I'll get a Random Technology Hi-Flow Cat and a flex shipped to my Hotel and bring it back with me.

Bad picture of the product ( Distributor web site )

[Image: RTSVT2ZetecCat_md.jpg]

[Image: SSflexpipe_md.jpg]
Take a look at the collector (if you call it that) probably the worst design for a manifold Ive ever seen my mileage went up after putting on a header!
good choice in header, you can't beat the SVT header. The best one out there.

and i'd just paint your cover with high temp paint, its plastic and will melt in the oven when you get it powdercoated, unless you find the metal cam cover somewhere.
If I'm reading this right your taking the cam sprockets off to get them powder coated?

if this is true then you should really consider puting on an adjustable set... for the difrence in the price of powber coating the oem ones it well worth the tuneability... amd there alredy anodized or powder coated so they look bad ass too...

it's a prety majour job taking those bad boys off and puting them on w/o screwing up your timing... you might as well invest that effort and like a c note more to get some performance!

just my .02 cents...

Cheers

AL
That is exactly my setup for header, cat, and flex.

Other than FI these bolt-ons gave the most noticeable increase in horsepower of anything else I put on my car! It also increased the noise level quite a bit.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 28 2007, 12:42 AM Wrote:and i'd just paint your cover with high temp paint, its plastic and will melt in the oven when you get it powdercoated, unless you find the metal cam cover somewhere.
[right][snapback]228425[/snapback][/right]

You are talking about the cam gears cover ? I will not put it back.

ZED_not_zee,Feb 28 2007, 03:56 AM Wrote:if this is true then you should really consider puting on an adjustable set... for the difrence in the price of powber coating the oem ones it well worth the tuneability... amd there alredy anodized or powder coated so they look bad ass too... 
[right][snapback]228429[/snapback][/right]

I may but I have no idea how to play with the timing...but this is something to be consider.

dBlast,Feb 28 2007, 06:32 AM Wrote:That is exactly my setup for header, cat, and flex.

Other than FI these bolt-ons gave the most noticeable increase in horsepower of anything else I put on my car!  It also increased the noise level quite a bit.
[right][snapback]228435[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I'm thinking about swapping my resonator for a stealth one , I want this thing to be quiet.
lintlars,Feb 27 2007, 11:01 PM Wrote:Take a look at the collector (if you call it that) probably the worst design for a manifold Ive ever seen my mileage went up after putting on a header!
[right][snapback]228424[/snapback][/right]

ur kidding right?
mine went dramaticly down!
I'm expecting the fuel economy to go down with my new set up , not that I care but it's how it should react after changing header etc.

Finally got everythig...

I'd like to put it back together right now but I'm sending the header to get ceramic coated...I want it to be as clean as that in one year..( I mean No-Rust )

It look good tho...... :o

[Image: 152127.jpg]

[Image: 152125.jpg]

[Image: 152126.jpg]
how much the whole set up cost you?
Decided to remove the "welded nut" ( what ever they call it ) since I will not put the heat shield on , this should look pretty clean when coated.

[Image: 152188.jpg]

[Image: 152190.jpg]

[Image: 152192.jpg]

[Image: 152195.jpg]

[Image: 152194.jpg]

3 more welds to go... :P
NikiterZTS,Mar 13 2007, 08:03 PM Wrote:how much the whole set up cost you?
[right][snapback]230360[/snapback][/right]

You have to shop around , I bought the RT and flex from McNews prices are on their web site and the SVT Header kit was bought thru Ebay from a private seller . Duty and taxes are like gambling sometime you pay some and sometime you don't . I haven't paid any via Fedex and USPS but got hit with UPS and sometime UPS is free and USPS hits you...Plan to get hit and if you don't you have extra money for mods or what ever. :)
I remember when my setup looked that shiny and new. :(

After 2 winters it's not so shiny:

[Image: RTcat.jpg]

I put on the heat shield to keep down the heat (I already have a SC producing enough heat up top) and to cover up the inpending rust.
you could spend another couple hundred and have it all nicely ceramic coated, that should last you a while..
dBlast,Mar 14 2007, 05:15 AM Wrote:I remember when my setup looked that shiny and new.  :(

After 2 winters it's not so shiny:

[Image: RTcat.jpg]

I put on the heat shield to keep down the heat (I already have a SC producing enough heat up top) and to cover up the inpending rust.
[right][snapback]230423[/snapback][/right]

are you running JRSC?
NikiterZTS,Mar 14 2007, 09:38 AM Wrote:are you running JRSC?
[right][snapback]230466[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but I wish I had more boost. I could upgrade to the Big Boost Kit which gives you a smaller SC pulley, bigger belt, bigger injectors (already have), SVT MAF, SVT air box and snorkel and a reflash of your ECU (but I already have a SCT chip providing FI tuning.) I might be able to get it done piecemeal but the tuning might put it over the BBK cost.

It's alright for a daily driver so I might just leave it.
PLEASE POST PICS OF THE HEADER AFTER ITS COATED!!!1!!1!!! I'd love to do that to mine, but I'd have to take a few days off work while the SVT is down without its header.
Pages: 1 2 3 4