FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rabbit R32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A.A.B Guy, thats musk! once again Canucks get shafted!
looks like a great car - the GTI is very good !! I can just imagine what this rides like ? Too bad we won't be seeing it here ..........
They're pretty cars...that's for sure.
Same as the last gen R32....only in America :(

[Image: vw_golf.jpg]
Boo... go figure.
The whole story?
The reason we don't get it here, nor does about 20 US states not get it if it is anything like the last generation R32, is it doesn't even come close to passing our emission testing.
For those of you who don't know, the guy we bought our Focus from in BC specializes in modifying the crap (in a good way) out of these cars and they push upwards of anywhere from 400-600whp.
And he got to drive one.
But we'll get the EVO X apparently... and that's not a bad thing.
meford4u,Feb 16 2007, 01:17 PM Wrote:The whole story?
The reason we don't get it here, nor does about 20 US states not get it if it is anything like the last generation R32, is it doesn't even come close to passing our emission testing.
For those of you who don't know, the guy we bought our Focus from in BC specializes in modifying the crap (in a good way) out of these cars and they push upwards of anywhere from 400-600whp.
And he got to drive one.
[right][snapback]227144[/snapback][/right]

Yup, the HPA R32. So famous its even in Gran Turismo 4 in the tuner car section!
SVT ZX3,Feb 16 2007, 03:28 PM Wrote:Yup, the HPA R32. So famous its even in Gran Turismo 4 in the tuner car section!
[right][snapback]227151[/snapback][/right]

I knew I drove one somewhere. Handles nice in videoland.
I parked beside one last week in Ellicotteville, but Ive seen a couple of them in Europe also. Golf R32 that is.....
EVO 10 will be stupid expensive when it comes here!......I bet even more then the WRX