FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Km's Per Tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok well like it reads im having an issue with gettin low KM's per tank of gas. when i first got the car i was doing just over 400km's, but now im lucky if i get 300.
everything is still stock.

can somebody help?
plugs, wires, fuel/air filter
do you let you car warm up when its cold outside? if you do, that could be why your getting less km per tank. I know everything is maintained on my car and its doing pretty horrible but mostly cause i warm it up before i go anywhere.
thanks

but with the fuel filter, if it's bad wouldn't it Hesitate? when i push on the gas.

yeah i let my car warm up but i don't think it would burn that much gas im losing about 100 kms i could understand 10 or 15 but not 100
Ya i'm in the same boat these days. I was getting around 400km per tank and lately its been down to about 340-350 to a tank. Now i've got 135000km on my car so i think it might be time for a plug and wire change, and i know the fuel filter needs to be done too but its a lil cold for that right now.
I've really experienced it and have the info to prove to it.

for city driving, i've used 30L to gas to travel roughly 185km, that is horrible mileage if you figure it out. you will burn more fuel in the winter because of additives in the fuel and b/c you let your car run longer.

if you haven't changed your filter in awhile you should, i'm not sure what the change intervals are for that filter. should get some increased mileage in your focus.
I'm down to 500- 550km per tank in the winter :(
i have just under 100000 km on the car. this weekend im going to try and change the wires and plugs if not to cold out and i will see what that does
i bet mostly because its winter...u always use up more gas during winter time...
p.s. i get 330km per tank
Winter gas lately has 10% ethanol in it. It burns somewhat cleaner, but returns less fuel economy in the process. I'm down around 300-350kms per tank in the city right now.
O/T

Winter gas -- what a scam.

Burns cleaner -- but you burn more of it, so what's the difference?

All I know is that it's not any cheaper when they're watering it down..

It's the eqivalent of cutting cocaine with laundry soap, and touting that "It cleans your nose while you snort" :rolleyes:
OAC_Sparky,Feb 14 2007, 07:36 AM Wrote:O/T

Winter gas -- what a scam.

Burns cleaner -- but you burn more of it, so what's the difference?
[right][snapback]226831[/snapback][/right]

I agree 100%.

It's an "environmentally-aware" way to sell more. Trust me, I know.

If I could find a station that isn't using it (that sells gas I'd trust), I'd go there in a hearbeat.

Anyone know of such a mythical station? Bueller? Bueller?
i get about 400 a tank, but i park inside and dont warm the car that much.

If i drive just on the hwy's i get around 500.
Do you have any mod, auto, manual? With 230k km I am at around 500km per tank, fuel filter, air filter, spark plug, ground wire help.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 14 2007, 12:26 PM Wrote:Winter gas lately has 10% ethanol in it. It burns somewhat cleaner, but returns less fuel economy in the process. I'm down around 300-350kms per tank in the city right now.
[right][snapback]226829[/snapback][/right]

actually now its all regular fuel that has 10% Ethanol, and mid grade fuel has 5% Ethanol. It can mess up your fuel system if its not designed for it. Thankfully Premium gas doesn't have that awful stuff in it.
I avrage 500Km per week and it's costing me between $45 & $55 weekly , Focus are not known to be very economical... I have 2 of them a 00 and a 03 both ZX3 and they are both the same in gas consumption...
Don't own my Focus anymore ............ but get 1100-1200km per tank (55L) on my Golf TDI. I drive to Ottawa every wkd so it works out great
is disel still more expensive then regular gas?

its funny cuz i've read that its cheapper to make disel then reg. gas
its always more expensive than gas in the winter (higher demand for stove/fuel oil etc) In general in the summer its cheaper than gas but not by much - and yes it does require less refining so you would think it would be reflected at the pumps but ............ ??
NikiterZTS,Feb 14 2007, 06:03 PM Wrote:is disel still more expensive then regular gas?

its funny cuz i've read that its cheapper to make disel then reg. gas
[right][snapback]226888[/snapback][/right]

Diesel fuel is higher in price during the winter b/c it related to the production of heating oil that people use to heat their homes. It makes Diesel more expensive, I looked today and it was 92.9 a litre, and regular was 89.9 a litre.
Pages: 1 2 3