FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rick Mercer @ Ford Oakville Plant Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay that was cool as I've never seen inside the OAC (Do they even offer tours for mere mortals?)

I liked the bikes though. I had one of those as a kid b/c I can't balance a two wheeled bike to save my life.

What was the deal with the electronic sign near the end though? The video wasn't clear enough for me to read it to figure out what it was for :unsure:

NefCanuck
Those electronic signs? There tough for even us to understand. they are to show what the production volumes are for an hour, what equipment and line is down and where it is down, and how many beers you can drink in 1 hour and still do your job.

And I think we are still allowed to bring in guests. But there is no "official" tour.
Thats pretty interesting stuff.

Altho i've gotta say i was expecting to see meford in that video somewhere.
meford4u,Feb 6 2007, 10:06 PM Wrote:Those electronic signs?  There tough for even us to understand.  they are to show what the production volumes are for an hour, what equipment and line is down and where it is down, and how many beers you can drink in 1 hour and still do your job.

And I think we are still allowed to bring in guests.  But there is no "official" tour.
[right][snapback]226021[/snapback][/right]

Ah, I see.... you are kidding about the last thing you mentioned the sign showed right? :ph34r:

Touring a car assembly plant is something I've never done before, sounds interesting...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 6 2007, 11:10 PM Wrote:Touring a car assembly plant is something I've never done before, sounds interesting...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]226024[/snapback][/right]
Did they change the name ... I thought it was OAP (Ontario Assembly Plant) ... looks quite a bit different than when Freestar was there.

I've lost track of how many times I've been in plants (usually shooting video) and I still look forward to seeing them ... the last one I did was the Lexus plant in Cambridge - it had the largest stamping machine in the world (one of only 4 IIRC) and they could stamp the entire side of an RX350 in one big bang - awesome.

I've got all kinds of video from there - where would be a good idea to put it up?
The CBC has alot of quality shows on its network and I find Ive been watching more and more of it.
ZTWsquared,Feb 6 2007, 10:47 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 6 2007, 11:10 PM Wrote:Touring a car assembly plant is something I've never done before, sounds interesting...

NefCanuck
Did they change the name ... I thought it was OAP (Ontario Assembly Plant) ...
[right][snapback]226032[/snapback][/right]
Was Oakville Assembly Plant, but they changed it a few years ago.
CanadaSVT,Feb 7 2007, 12:33 AM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Feb 6 2007, 10:47 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck
Did they change the name ... I thought it was OAP (Ontario Assembly Plant) ...
Was Oakville Assembly Plant, but they changed it a few years ago.
[right][snapback]226035[/snapback][/right]
Ahhhh .... missed that. Considering Ford's financials of late it's kind of ironic that the name is the same as the acronym for "On Approved Credit"
I like the end - "We'll get you free beer, but give me the keys" :lol: :lol:
ZTWsquared,Feb 6 2007, 11:47 PM Wrote:I've got all kinds of video from there - where would be a good idea to put it up?

photobucket?
I've started watching RMR pretty regularily this season, along with a few other CBC shows. CBC usedto be the weakest channel in the lineup.