FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 3 Hour Trip Tonight.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Im leaving tonight to head home for the holidays not looking forward to a 3 hour drive though.
Got the cars oil changed and tires rotated yesterday so I think she got babied before the trip.

I actually walked through the service bay while they were working on my car and they werent standing around talking it was one mechanic per car seems weird because I figured since they couldnt be seen they would be taking there time (Thats how it seems because it takes awhile) anywho anything I should check on the focus before the trip ?
zx5power,Dec 23 2006, 10:51 AM Wrote:Well Im leaving tonight to head home for the holidays not looking forward to a 3 hour drive though. 
Got the cars oil changed and tires rotated yesterday so I think she got babied before the trip.

I actually walked through the service bay while they were working on my car and they werent standing around talking it was one mechanic per car seems weird because I figured since they couldnt be seen they would be taking there time (Thats how it seems because it takes awhile) anywho anything I should check on the focus before the trip ?
[right][snapback]221395[/snapback][/right]
Make sure you have the right tunes to listen to, and enough coffee to stay awake. Enjoy the drive.
3 hour trip?!?!.....thats nothing
yeah im making a new cd right now lol ,

yeah its 3 hours of nothing but trees so its kinda boring and plus it will prolly be a 6 hour drive because its freezing rain right now and I only have the stock p6 no winters.
lots of washer fluids :)

3 hr drive is not that long, but do get out halfway and strech.
yep ford filled it my fluids yesterday.
fill up gas, coffee and make sure cell ph charged? Good luck and don't speed, cop all over.
oh yeah time of year for the cops , usually if its nice I will go 120 130 km an hour on the 100 km stretch but the wweather isnt good for travelling.

Cell phone fully charged and car charger in center console and roadside number in dash.
???? You're kidding, right?

3 hours is piddly!

We're doing the North Bay - Toronto run in an hour... I don't do anything besides one stop for lunch halfway down. Cell phone, that's a given in the winter. Other than that? It's cake! It's even above freezing in North Bay today... which is odd for this time of year.
Im in a little province with nothing but trees and freezing weather lol its not a big deal just wanted some reminders of things I should have.
don't forget to tell your mommy where ur going
lol good one, yeah she called earlier like every mom "now when yahs come up there dont be speeding the roads are bad , take you time

going to check out my girlfriends moms car tonight she bought a dodge caliber.
Only other thing I would check is make sure of the condition of your spare tire. Esp. if you're not travelling in a densely populated area.

Kinda sucks you're halfway there and one of your tires takes a hit... and your spare is toast too <_<

NefCanuck
Good luck with the trip.

I'm heading to Lac St-Jean , 6 hours north or montreal , leaving at noon today.

I have XM radio so I don't think 6 hours trip will be enough to go through all the channels , XM ( or sirrus ) is very cool for long haul...I wish I had the sound system in my 03 for the trip but it's better then nothing..
We're in ottawa right now. 4 hours from North Bay. But We'll be going to Bathurst NB in a few days. Another 8-10hrs driving.

yeah 3 hours nothing.
zx5power,Dec 23 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:lol good one, yeah she called earlier like every mom "now when yahs come up there dont be speeding the roads are bad , take you time

going to check out my girlfriends moms car tonight she bought a dodge caliber.
[right][snapback]221421[/snapback][/right]

i work with a girl (24 y.o.) who used a bicycle from here (kitchener) to B.C. and back
so you'll be fine
zx5power,Dec 23 2006, 09:07 AM Wrote:yeah its 3 hours of nothing but trees so its kinda boring
[right][snapback]221400[/snapback][/right]

You get to see trees for 3 hours? That beats the hell out of the Saskatchewan road trip.. Infinite stretches of open fields gets boring after a while.