Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Hour Trip Tonight.
Well Im leaving tonight to head home for the holidays not looking forward to a 3 hour drive though.
Got the cars oil changed and tires rotated yesterday so I think she got babied before the trip.

I actually walked through the service bay while they were working on my car and they werent standing around talking it was one mechanic per car seems weird because I figured since they couldnt be seen they would be taking there time (Thats how it seems because it takes awhile) anywho anything I should check on the focus before the trip ?
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Dec 23 2006, 10:51 AM Wrote:Well Im leaving tonight to head home for the holidays not looking forward to a 3 hour drive though. 
Got the cars oil changed and tires rotated yesterday so I think she got babied before the trip.

I actually walked through the service bay while they were working on my car and they werent standing around talking it was one mechanic per car seems weird because I figured since they couldnt be seen they would be taking there time (Thats how it seems because it takes awhile) anywho anything I should check on the focus before the trip ?
[right][snapback]221395[/snapback][/right]
Make sure you have the right tunes to listen to, and enough coffee to stay awake. Enjoy the drive.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
3 hour trip?!?!.....thats nothing
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
yeah im making a new cd right now lol ,

yeah its 3 hours of nothing but trees so its kinda boring and plus it will prolly be a 6 hour drive because its freezing rain right now and I only have the stock p6 no winters.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
lots of washer fluids :)

3 hr drive is not that long, but do get out halfway and strech.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

yep ford filled it my fluids yesterday.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
fill up gas, coffee and make sure cell ph charged? Good luck and don't speed, cop all over.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
oh yeah time of year for the cops , usually if its nice I will go 120 130 km an hour on the 100 km stretch but the wweather isnt good for travelling.

Cell phone fully charged and car charger in center console and roadside number in dash.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
???? You're kidding, right?

3 hours is piddly!

We're doing the North Bay - Toronto run in an hour... I don't do anything besides one stop for lunch halfway down. Cell phone, that's a given in the winter. Other than that? It's cake! It's even above freezing in North Bay today... which is odd for this time of year.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Im in a little province with nothing but trees and freezing weather lol its not a big deal just wanted some reminders of things I should have.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
don't forget to tell your mommy where ur going
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
lol good one, yeah she called earlier like every mom "now when yahs come up there dont be speeding the roads are bad , take you time

going to check out my girlfriends moms car tonight she bought a dodge caliber.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Only other thing I would check is make sure of the condition of your spare tire. Esp. if you're not travelling in a densely populated area.

Kinda sucks you're halfway there and one of your tires takes a hit... and your spare is toast too <_<

NefCanuck
Good luck with the trip.

I'm heading to Lac St-Jean , 6 hours north or montreal , leaving at noon today.

I have XM radio so I don't think 6 hours trip will be enough to go through all the channels , XM ( or sirrus ) is very cool for long haul...I wish I had the sound system in my 03 for the trip but it's better then nothing..
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
We're in ottawa right now. 4 hours from North Bay. But We'll be going to Bathurst NB in a few days. Another 8-10hrs driving.

yeah 3 hours nothing.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
zx5power,Dec 23 2006, 12:23 PM Wrote:lol good one, yeah she called earlier like every mom "now when yahs come up there dont be speeding the roads are bad , take you time

going to check out my girlfriends moms car tonight she bought a dodge caliber.
[right][snapback]221421[/snapback][/right]

i work with a girl (24 y.o.) who used a bicycle from here (kitchener) to B.C. and back
so you'll be fine
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
zx5power,Dec 23 2006, 09:07 AM Wrote:yeah its 3 hours of nothing but trees so its kinda boring
[right][snapback]221400[/snapback][/right]

You get to see trees for 3 hours? That beats the hell out of the Saskatchewan road trip.. Infinite stretches of open fields gets boring after a while.