FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Raced A Mazda 3 Today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
OK... Normally i don't race, and certianly don't brag about it... but this was hilarious.

I was on my way home from work on my usual route... and as in most four lane streets theres one lane that moves faster then the other. and having driven the steet one billion time i know what lane usually has people turning and where.

So here enters mister Mazda 3

Quick description: New mazda 3 back windows completely blacked out except for the "Baby on board sign"... seriously.

Well he comes cooking up on me at the last second changes lanes and goes to Bomb past me... now where he was at the passing lane always has some guy turning into a fast food place or store, and low and behold... 100ft ahead of him/us... theres a guy turning...

So obviously there was no time for him to cut me off and get back into his lane... Btw the whole time i'm doing the speed limit... but he tries anyways only to jut ahead 1/2 a car lenght before having to slam on the brakes and pull back behind me.

So about another 100 ft in front of the turning car is the last stop light heading out of the city limits... and of course its red. after the lights its about a 1/4 mile till the road narrows down to 2 lanes... the lane i'm in turns into the industrial park, so i have to get over.

Well, i'll be honest, i was feeling kinda playful, having installed the intake monday and my taillights.... so as we were waiting for the light to turn green i noticed a Very Very Angry wife sitting in his passenger seat.

So the light turns red... i get a good ...really good drop one him and get a good 3/4 car lenght out in front and we both we're givin'r. he must have had a Automatic cause he didn't seem to be shifting and i was impress the little focus was doing a good job.... But all of a sudden as i was going into third and just about to hit the posted limit of 80, i saw him drop off... thinkong to myself...well that was kinda pointless (as if racing ever isn't)... but then i see why...

His wife was having a HUGE s*** fit on his head.... her hands were flying her face was bright red and she was in his face screaming....

and i though... lol dumb S.O.B.

(but on a seruious note, i hope he wasn't asring around with his kid in the car!!!)

one thing i did notice if i was to continue to race this car... i definitely want a shiftlight, with the intake it can get hard to here the revs.
its cus of those tail lights u won!
I wanna a peice of the MS3.
NikiterZTS,Dec 20 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:its cus of those tail lights u won!
[right][snapback]221157[/snapback][/right]

Nah... doubt it... I'll take the small personal vicrory... But i think the credit For the win goes to deranged wifey ;)
When i'm at a light and the guy next to me looks like he's all hot and horny to go....I just hear her "Don't you #%#$#ing dare!"
:lol:
The 3 is a kids toy. Speed 6 is where the real power is.
Mason,Dec 20 2006, 06:24 PM Wrote:The 3 is a kids toy. Speed 6 is where the real power is.
[right][snapback]221181[/snapback][/right]

if thats a toy....then what me and you are driving?
hardk0re,Dec 20 2006, 05:06 PM Wrote:When i'm at a light and the guy next to me looks like he's all hot and horny to go....I just hear her "Don't you #%#$#ing dare!"
[right][snapback]221168[/snapback][/right]

I'll have Sara have a chat with her then... cause I make a little more than 1/2 your power and she's like... "is it broken in yet? It feels like it has more power" :lol:

I want my new intake and exhaust :(

I'm gonna say conditional "nice kill" cause I couldn't tell if you were racing in traffic at all or not. Racing in traffic - NOT COOL.
i wanna hear what cars u guys killed(won) ....at the track or on the back roads.. anywhere

-for me it was my buddy's 1999 V6 VW Passat it was auto.....

-2 Intergras at the same time (both my buddies) one was auto stock
another stick Vtec (cold air intake)

-Countur

-'98 neon

-'93 Celica GTS (ait intake)
i'll try to remember other one later

Lost:

-2002-2003 Neon SX (i could only see exhaust)

-Pontiac Sunfire GT (exhaust)
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2006, 08:44 PM Wrote:I'm gonna say conditional "nice kill" cause I couldn't tell if you were racing in traffic at all or not. Racing in traffic - NOT COOL.
[right][snapback]221187[/snapback][/right]

nope... he was being a dolt in traffic... but we raced on the last light going outta town at 3:30. We were the only two car around...

and i agree racing in traffic is stupid. B)

btw... i check out the stats on the mazda 3 sedan he was driving... 146hp but wieghs in a 1300kg...

since we are kinda declaring kills

Mercedes-Benz C230L = killed
stock srt-4 = killed
2000-2004 bodystyle mustang GT = killed.
02 RSX Type-S = killed

its fun weighing nothing and doubling your horsepower
^^
was it a hard run with srt-4? did it make your car sweat?
Kills to date: No real great kills

- VW jetta 1.8T (neuspeed chip) MT
-2000 acura integra ls Non vtec (intake, exhaust, motormounts, slammed, shortshifter..)
- ford probe gt v6 MT
- 2002 mustang v6 MT
- 2006 rsx AT

best kill was a 1993 civic hatch, B16 swap, civic type r cam, 10000 rpm redline!!
intake, exhaust, lowered 15.3 personal best at the track. took him on the streets 1 night doing a 40km roll. I went to 140kphish and had him by 1 1/2 lenghts.

oh ya and a mazda3 sport(2.3L) MT "focus DNX exhaust" over and over again
wasnt to impressed :lol:
I haven't tried anything yet... kinda following the rules on this one :P
Mason,Dec 20 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:The 3 is a kids toy. Speed 6 is where the real power is.

The MS3 is faster. ;)

I've killed stock g35's, mazda rx8's, boxsters, mustangs gt's (havent had the chance trying a new one, that should be close).

I thought I had an older (early 90's) mercedes 500sl.....by the time we got to 160km, he was slowly passing me. I had my doors blown off by a srt4 stage 2, guy was running mid 12's on slicks at luskville, so that makes sense. Also had my doors blown off by a g35 twin turbo :wub: the sounds that thing makes passing me...I surprised him though, he didnt think he would of had to play ctach up to a focus. :lol: "How much boost you running?" :lol:

Also played with a corvette, same outcome as with the 500sl...
NikiterZTS,Dec 20 2006, 06:41 PM Wrote:
Mason,Dec 20 2006, 06:24 PM Wrote:The 3 is a kids toy. Speed 6 is where the real power is.

if thats a toy....then what me and you are driving?
[right][snapback]221186[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Exactly, where exactly did that comment come from anyway?! It's the same car! :twak:

That guy's an idiot anyway, putting his family in danger like that. <_<
Flofocus,Dec 21 2006, 09:35 AM Wrote:
Mason,Dec 20 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:The 3 is a kids toy. Speed 6 is where the real power is.

The MS3 is faster. ;)

I've killed stock g35's, mazda rx8's, boxsters, mustangs gt's (havent had the chance trying a new one, that should be close).

I thought I had an older (early 90's) mercedes 500sl.....by the time we got to 160km, he was slowly passing me. I had my doors blown off by a srt4 stage 2, guy was running mid 12's on slicks at luskville, so that makes sense. Also had my doors blown off by a g35 twin turbo :wub: the sounds that thing makes passing me...I surprised him though, he didnt think he would of had to play ctach up to a focus. :lol: "How much boost you running?" :lol:

Also played with a corvette, same outcome as with the 500sl...
[right][snapback]221268[/snapback][/right]

thats why i want boost, jsut to play wiht those cars (and beat them) to make them say "WTF!?!?!? was that a focus??!?!?!?!?"
I guess we're officially a Honduh board now.

02ztsian

So much for the no street racing rule.
Pages: 1 2 3