FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Can't Feel My Legs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd better be on my deathbed with THIS being bantered around:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/12/14/mustan...gons/index.html

Thoughts?
[Image: homer4.gif]

i don't know weather to laugh...or cry?
Sweet mother of pearl. I think I'm gonna die.
sleeper? :ph34r:
meeh
oh well

something line magnum i guess

not my choice def
If they do that I don't think I could buy a ford again.
Why does ford they need to ruin anything that is succesful for them. The mustang is and always should be a 2 door coupe or convertable. Nothing Else!
BWAHAHAHA!

Ford.
maybe Chev will make a 4 door 'vette
or they could just fire all of the vettes into the sun...ya that would be nice, i'd like that.
:thumbsdownsmileyanim:
Whats the difference between a corvette and a porcupine?

a corvette has its pricks on the inside...

:D :
SliverSteeda,Dec 14 2006, 04:51 PM Wrote:  Whats the difference between a corvette and a porcupine?

a corvette has its pricks on the inside...
[right][snapback]220299[/snapback][/right]

I heard that one, but they used BMW's.

So what. :ph34r:
I just threw up a little...

at least it'll give us v6 owners something to laugh at.

However, I like the idea of an IRS being introduced at about the same time my lease comes up...
The idea isn't about the "Mustang" it's about using the "platform" as an underpinning for a wagon variant.

The Falcon wagon is popular in Australia. The Falcon coupe owners don't whine about it. Hell they even have a version like the Ranchero, that'll smoke every one of your Foci, blown or not, with a load of drywall in the back.

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServ...t1024&c=DFYPage

Again, you guys should decide what the hell you want.

"Waa waa waa, why does Ford not bring the Euro and the Aussie cars here?" That's all I hear. All the damned time.

You really think Ford's going to style the thing like what some moron at CNN photoshops? :rolleyes:
Your entitled to your opinion.

I would buy that ranchero lookin thing tho...
hardk0re,Dec 14 2006, 05:39 PM Wrote:Your entitled to your opinion.

I would buy that ranchero lookin thing tho...
[right][snapback]220321[/snapback][/right]
See, though, that's my point.

If someone said "Ford wants to make a pickup variant of the Mustang", there would be the same reaction.

"The Mustangs are sacred"

Yet, when you actually see it, it's not so bad.

Check this site out:

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

That's the Australian equivalent of SVT. My friend in New Zealand has a Falcon XR8. Loves it. If it's a good platform, why not USE it? You've done the engineering, if they share parts you save cost.

They say the reason that we don't have the Focus RS here is because you'll piss off the Mustang owners having another car as fast. Geez, are they truly that insecure? I don't think so, at least I would hope not.
looks good, and if it sells then let ford build the thing, heck there are rumors about that Ford of Europe will be building Mustang 3 & 5 dr Hatches as well.
Oddly enough I have a history of the Mustang coffeetable book with several prototypes of a Mustang wagon (Based on the '67 reskin) that didn't look half bad. So everything old is new again ;)

Now that same book mind, showed a four door Mustang... that looked... frightening...

NefCanuck
if ford wants to start coming out of the negative they need to atleast get some of these great cars from overseas atleast available to us to start generating some ford enthusiasm* and newer devotion.

hell i love my svt and all but id much rather drive anyone of those aussie models, or a rs.

just sick and tired of the boring lineup
i work for ford.
and am sick of having to look to aftermarket companies like saleen, roush, shelby to get a good ford built car.

why not make the cars more appealing from the factory
or atleast have the options from the factory

look how much hype dodge created with there mopar stages on the srt's

all the succesful companies have higher end sportier versions of everything.( spec-v's, type-s's, type-r's, srt's, ss, sti, gti)

ford north america has the gt500 in limited quanities and a 200,000$ gt ???

just sick and tired of all these people loosing jobs and moving away from ford cause some office guru?? decided ford would much rather stick with the KISS approach Keep It Simple Stupid

its ford not kia

end rant
I think it has potential... the Magnum is awesome looking, so why couldn't the Mustang look the same? Maybe the Crown Vic would be a better idea, slapping in the stang's engine and making a sleeper... just a thought.
euro_zx5,Dec 14 2006, 09:39 PM Wrote:I think it has potential... the Magnum is awesome looking, so why couldn't the Mustang look the same? Maybe the Crown Vic would be a better idea, slapping in the stang's engine and making a sleeper... just a thought.
[right][snapback]220403[/snapback][/right]

they did that it was called the marauder
Pages: 1 2