FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Persistance Pays Off...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Was inquiring at the closest Future Shop as to if there was any word on PS3 or Wii shipments, the sales guy said he hadn't heard anything, but checked the computer anyways, and sure enough, to our mutual surprise, it showed 4 "in transit". Which meant they would probably arrive "in the morning". I asked if they expected any shipments of anything later that day. He said that occasionally they get a small shipment of "mainly CDs and DVDs and stuff like that" around 7PM.

So I took a chance and came back at 6:45. And guess what just came off the truck....?

[Image: Picture101_05Dec06.jpg]
(Excuse the camera phone shot)

w00t!! Go me!! :headbang:
how does it feel have a game system that has no great games for it.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 5 2006, 11:09 PM Wrote:how does it feel have a game system that has no great games for it.
[right][snapback]218805[/snapback][/right]

Not yet it doesn't but he does have a BluRay disc player. I have been doing some reading on them and they seem to be the next big thing. 50GB capacity on a single disc. But I won't be running out any time soon to pick one up. To pricey for my blood.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 5 2006, 11:09 PM Wrote:how does it feel have a game system that has no great games for it.
It plays all the PS2 games, PS3 games, and BluRay.

If you have kids, it's nice to be able get them what they want for Christmas.
I've had a kid crying last year because you "got the wrong thing" for him. My kids generally don't ask for too much, so it breaks your heart to see them disappointed.

It's not like I waited in line for 12 hours overnight or got raped on eBay for it.

I got it on my second trip to Future Shop. Total 1/2 hour of effort.
f***, kids are spolied these days :P
FocusGuy7476,Dec 6 2006, 12:09 AM Wrote:how does it feel have a game system that has no great games for it.

*ahem* Resistance: Fall of man

BTW: most people said the same thing about the xbox when it came out, and now it has 3 good games.

colour me jealous.. tho I can wait until it or the xbox360 are a more compelling buy
Resistance looks good. But, I'll wait till the summer at least. I don't even play my PS2 as much as I should.
Just as a little side note, it doesn't play all ps2 games. They're releasing patches to fix that problem though.
Does a PS3 play PS1 games as well? (I have one PS1 game that I play occassionally, it's a bad licensed beat 'em up title, but its just wonky enough to keep my interest)

NefCanuck
Congrats, I'm sure they'll love it! And people that wait in lines... well there's a little madness to that. I went an hour before toysrus opened to get my preordered wii, and still ended up empty handed of a second controller (just the nunckuk). Always hit or miss...
NefCanuck,Dec 6 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:Does a PS3 play PS1 games as well?  [right][snapback]218839[/snapback][/right]
Yes. PS, PS2, PS3, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Internet. I heard that some PS2 games don't play, but yes, they're fixing it. Nice that it has wireless networking on it as well.
Blu Ray players a expensive, the new samsung player that does 1080p is like $1000. looks amazing.

I'm still trying to find a 360 game i want to add to the collection, rather play a great game forever than a crappy one for a week.
OAC_Sparky,Dec 6 2006, 12:27 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 6 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:Does a PS3 play PS1 games as well?  [right][snapback]218839[/snapback][/right]
Yes. PS, PS2, PS3, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, Internet. I heard that some PS2 games don't play, but yes, they're fixing it. Nice that it has wireless networking on it as well.
[right][snapback]218847[/snapback][/right]

some PS2 games may never play (ie, Guitar hero).. but the number should be minimal.

Mind if I come over and download some PSOne games for my PSP?
darkpuppet,Dec 6 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:Mind if I come over and download some PSOne games for my PSP?
[right][snapback]218852[/snapback][/right]
We could probably arrange something. Of course, Christmas is still 3 weeks away and it stays in the box until The Big Fat Guy makes it down the chimney...
FocusGuy7476,Dec 6 2006, 11:40 AM Wrote:Blu Ray players a expensive, the new samsung player that does 1080p is like $1000. looks amazing.

I'm still trying to find a 360 game i want to add to the collection, rather play a great game forever than a crappy one for a week.
[right][snapback]218850[/snapback][/right]

Three words... Gears of War
OAC_Sparky,Dec 6 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Dec 6 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:Mind if I come over and download some PSOne games for my PSP?
[right][snapback]218852[/snapback][/right]
We could probably arrange something. Of course, Christmas is still 3 weeks away and it stays in the box until The Big Fat Guy makes it down the chimney...
[right][snapback]218853[/snapback][/right]

um, I won't fit down your chimney....

I can wait to get my own PS3 I guess...

oh, you mean that big fat guy!
Hold your horses... you can insert a PS1 game into the PS3, and transfer the game to the PSP's memory?! That's awesome! I've been contemplating selling my PSP for so long... but I always find a reason to keep it around.
dabigmandan,Dec 6 2006, 12:00 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Dec 6 2006, 11:40 AM Wrote:Blu Ray players a expensive, the new samsung player that does 1080p is like $1000. looks amazing.

[right][snapback]218850[/snapback][/right]

Three words... Gears of War
[right][snapback]218854[/snapback][/right]

awesome game!!!!
as soon as 360's price drops a bit, im all over it, futureshop had an awesome deal on it the day PS3 released, but i didnt have the cash and could afford to put it on credit.
euro_zx5,Dec 6 2006, 01:25 PM Wrote:Hold your horses... you can insert a PS1 game into the PS3, and transfer the game to the PSP's memory?! That's awesome! I've been contemplating selling my PSP for so long... but I always find a reason to keep it around.
[right][snapback]218856[/snapback][/right]

sorry.. should clarify.

Sony is making available for download from the Sony network, PSOne games that you can download onto your PSP.

So you can't transfer PSOne games directly to your PSP from original media... the games have to be 'ported' over..

I'm hoping that someday, I'll be able to just download straight to the PSP instead of the intermediary PS3 step... but I plan on getting a PS3.. so um, ok...

I'm also holding off a bit... right now I think it's a tie between the xbox360 and PS3... well price wise anyways.

$650 for a 60GB PS3 with blue ray, or $700 for a 20GB xbox360 with external HD DVD. the 20gb HDD makes me weary.. that doesn't scream 'download lots of HD content please!' (that and the PS3's is upgradeable to any hdd size)...

Games wise - xbox360 has more, and is showing some 1 year maturity with Gears of War, but there's a lot of decent ports to the PS3.

Online wise - xbox360 hands down has the better network. That you pay for. And with documented issues with movie downloads, and breakage during in-game voice chat, takes the shine off an otherwise pimp system.

Future possibilities - xbox360 has less raw horsepower, but more memory... ps2 has less memory but more raw HP. The slight edge is on PS3, but it's going to take skill... so a clear winner may not emerge for another couple years.

Brand power - ps3.. despite all of Sony's recent screw-ups, the PS brand is a power house...

sorry.. rambling...
I've had the Xbox360 for about a year now, and I dont think that there has been too many days gone by without me playing it. I recently picked up Gears of War and beat it in Hardcore. After I beat it in Hardcore I went back and beat it in Insane, which was actually Insane. I have Xbox Live but thanks to the s***ty University of Windsor wireless Internet I cant connect to it even with the Xbox Wireless converter. It drives me mad. Personally, I've always been an Xbox guy, dont see myself getting a PS3 anytime in the near future.
Pages: 1 2