FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dodge Neon Srt-4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Stang represents a vehicle that gives you your power, decent handling and brakes stock for what it is, great factory stereo, somewhat luxurious interior (leathers, "My Colour" guage option, trim accesories, power options, etc)...

It's dollar for value, especially the GT, and a 1 owner one with low km's that already did it's big depreciation. Also, there is more than a 50/50 shot that the car was owned by someone more mature than your average SRT shopper, and the car would have been well taken care of...
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 26 2006, 06:44 PM Wrote:At the end of the day, you don't see Dodge winning the Manufacturer's Title in WRC. A Neon is still a Neon, and I really don't give a s*** if it's any faster than I am or not.
[right][snapback]217524[/snapback][/right]

look man...i really don't give 2 s***s about wrc....the focus's they race there are waaaay beyong of what u and me driving down here.....i never even keep a track of wrc anyway.......what if K car was in it? what...i should buy it now because its in it

....im looking for some power not a tag name

It's dollar for value, especially the GT, and a 1 owner one with low km's that already did it's big depreciation. Also, there is more than a 50/50 shot that the car was owned by someone more mature than your average SRT shopper, and the car would have been well taken care of...
[right][snapback]217539[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

alot of my younger buddy's own mustangs ......but i see ur point...that car is a lil up for people in age

but even if i was gettin a stang i'd be only looking at '93 and down.....new house comes first before the new car :)
why your thinking of buying a house now ?
NikiterZTS,Nov 26 2006, 09:56 PM Wrote:new house comes first before the new car :)
[right][snapback]217544[/snapback][/right]

Good Move. I was in your same situation back in August. Trust me, its good to get the house first. Nevermind the costs if you can, there's always the option of a tenant renting a room.

The first few months are s*** cause of the downpayments/deposits/governmental screw you in the ass deals. But after that, you get used to a budget and maybe you might be able to get that car on a lease/finance. Lord knows i'm thinking about it right now. :rolleyes:
NikiterZTS,Nov 26 2006, 08:53 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 26 2006, 06:44 PM Wrote:At the end of the day, you don't see Dodge winning the Manufacturer's Title in WRC. A Neon is still a Neon, and I really don't give a s*** if it's any faster than I am or not.

look man...i really don't give 2 s***s about wrc....the focus's they race there are waaaay beyong of what u and me driving down here.....i never even keep a track of wrc anyway.......what if K car was in it? what...i should buy it now because its in it

[right][snapback]217543[/snapback][/right]

I don't get where your attitude is coming from - the Neon IS the K Car of this era, the Focus is one of the best-kept handling secrets out there. Again, what are you going to do with all that power - spin your tires even more during the winter? Accelerate from the light 1 second faster to 50-60KM/H? Unless you live at a racetrack, it's for naught.

I drove a LOT of cars in the last 6 months (the last few weeks, especially) and while everyone's reasons for buying a new car are their own... I realized very quickly that I didn't need to obsess over power when a newer Focus does the job handily.

Besides, I don't recall the Neon ever making the C&D 10 Best list... especially not 4 times in a row.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 27 2006, 08:00 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 26 2006, 08:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]217543[/snapback][/right]

I don't get where your attitude is coming from - the Neon IS the K Car of this era, the Focus is one of the best-kept handling secrets out there. Again, what are you going to do with all that power - spin your tires even more during the winter? Accelerate from the light 1 second faster to 50-60KM/H? Unless you live at a racetrack, it's for naught.

I drove a LOT of cars in the last 6 months (the last few weeks, especially) and while everyone's reasons for buying a new car are their own... I realized very quickly that I didn't need to obsess over power when a newer Focus does the job handily.

Besides, I don't recall the Neon ever making the C&D 10 Best list... especially not 4 times in a row.
[right][snapback]217559[/snapback][/right]

im looking into sport compacts....im kinda tired putting "enough" money into focus and gettin minimum results......i've driven enough cars myself to be honest thats what i do when i just kick the s*** around on my spare time...i go and test drive any car that im interested in....
my other choice was also Mitsubishi Lancer RalliArt for year 2003-2005
even drove everyone's loved new mustang, it was 6 cyl though and to be honest it gave me a bad impression...not enough power for a car like that....thats why if I was buyin a stang i'd buy nothing less but the one with 8cyl

and yes i do drive a lil faster then a regular person on the road, that means i like faster acceleration and better tourq

and yea as u said neon is a K car of this era....lol what Neon are u talkin about? '98-'99??
too bad this srt K car can almost take "any" focus out there and thats being stock out of the factory
see my point?
Frost__2001,Nov 26 2006, 10:43 PM Wrote:why your thinking of buying a house now ?
[right][snapback]217547[/snapback][/right]

no....at least not yet.....
first of all im not a new car person...as soon as u drive that baby off the lot the price nicely drops down....and if somebody will scratch my new car i'd f***ing cry like a lil baby
plus i don't have that kind of money to buy a new car.....when i will win that 6/49 then i'll buy 5 NEW cars

but yea i'd reither drive an older car and live in my own house
what u pay for rent is pretty close to what u can pay for mortgage every month
Get the Caliber SRT-4... its coming out in a few months

300hp and SRT-8 Seats....
NikiterZTS,Nov 27 2006, 09:44 AM Wrote:and yea as u said neon is a K car of this era....lol what Neon are u talkin about? '98-'99?? 
too bad this srt K car can almost take "any" focus out there and thats being stock out of the factory
see my point?
[right][snapback]217577[/snapback][/right]

It still looks like it fell out of a f***ing Happy Meal, especially the interior. If I wanted my 10-year old foster brother to design me something, it'd be going on my fridge - not in the driveway.

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 27 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 27 2006, 09:44 AM Wrote:and yea as u said neon is a K car of this era....lol what Neon are u talkin about? '98-'99?? 
see my point?

It still looks like it fell out of a f***ing Happy Meal, especially the interior. If I wanted my 10-year old foster brother to design me something, it'd be going on my fridge - not in the driveway.
[right][snapback]217592[/snapback][/right]

she's made for speed not for comfort :D
It ain't that fast :)
NikiterZTS,Nov 27 2006, 02:43 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 27 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:
see my point?

[right][snapback]217592[/snapback][/right]

she's made for speed not for comfort :D
[right][snapback]217637[/snapback][/right]

I guess it's not made to handle either?
focusracer,Nov 27 2006, 03:19 PM Wrote:It ain't that fast :)
[right][snapback]217643[/snapback][/right]

^^^let me ask you....what are u comparing it to?

and NOS i don't know about about the handeling i haven't tried the car yet
Good readConclusion
It's truly remarkable how much performance and sophistication $20,000 buys these days. Each of these hot sport-compacts offers its buyers mean-streets looks, superlative road-holding, and plenty of power to keep life from getting dull. What we have here is a choice of gnarly, gnarlier, or gnarliest.

The new-for-'03 SVT Focus five-door is just as wonderful as was last year's three-door version. But the competition's turned up the wick, especially in the power department. While we still love the SVT's spirited locomotion, hatchback functionality, world- class handling, and overall integration, newer, turbocharged entries from Mazda and Dodge offer better all-around performance for the same or slightly less money.

Mazda's first toe dipped into the sport-compact ocean is going to make a big splash and is a great taste of things to come from the talented folks at MazdaSpeed. This Protege hits a sweet spot in the market, delivering fantastic handling, spirited performance, fine balance, great audio, and that signature sport-compact look without compromising the everyday useability of the car. With a few more ponies under its turbocharged hood, the MazdaSpeed Protege would be the hands-down winner of this contest.

One trip around the block will tell you the SRT-4 is immensely more entertaining to drive than the MazdaSpeed Protege or SVT Focus. As good as the Mazda and Ford are, this unexpected entry from a carmaker with zero sport-compact presence just delivers maximum grins and giggles for minimum coin. With acceleration, braking, and handling numbers akin to a Nissan 350Z and a price close to a four-cylinder Camry, the SRT-4 brings excitement to the just-under-$20,000 hot sedan segment.

It boils down to this: The world-class at-the-limit handling of the MazdaSpeed Protege isn't something you're likely to use often in everyday traffic, while the unexpectedly delicious power of the Dodge SRT-4 is a force you'll have a hard time resisting time and again. Game, point, match: Dodge--at least for now.

^^^ i like that article
thanks for posting it
so the day finaly came and i got to test drive silver srt-4
basicly i fell in love with the car and i test drove enough sport compacts.
this particular car is '04, sivler color, 36XXXKM on the clock,has upgraded exhaust,AEM CAI,blow off valve (i love that one :)) ,a little lowered and was owned by one of the mechaninc at that Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep dealership. .....they kept tellin me how said he was letting it go and trading it for a Caliber (second kid was born in the family).
this car is in mint condition and never winter driven until i showed up :).the inside wasn't bad at all as alot of people were saying...she's made for speed not for comfort!
This car had so much freackin power to pull!!!!Fawk...even the handeling was great. But the weather tottaly SUCKED for test driving this beast....even though i had to punch here and there and let the dealer guy beside me s*** himself a couple times lol
they are askin $18999 with the bamper to bamper warranty.....wish i learned how to save my money more properly

here are some pics:
[Image: srt4_front.jpg]
[Image: srt4_back.jpg]

sorry this pic is too blurry cause i was driving too fast....jk kd
[Image: srt4_inside.jpg]
now taking bets, how long will it take Nik to write off an SRT4?
WOW this post exploded!!!

any how yea it seems like you alredy made your decision befor posting? I dunno lol..

I have about 6 friends who have SRT fours.. one with stage three, one with stage two and N20 both low 12 sec cars...

out of the box there fast and a good deal... LSD 200+ hp...

I have three or four friends who drive Cobalt ss SC's all stage 2. Theyr slower but they handle and brake much beter and are a well rounded car.

Blame ford,,, there focus could school all of em with a turbo modle.... B/C the perfromace archetechure is in place... Chassie strength and handling are it's natural pedagrees... what's harder to mod chassie or motor?

SRT four's IMO are belly buttons every one's got one... focai are daily driven grocery getters with good fuel milage and that's what ford is selling them on...

but we as enthusists know that a 2000 ZX3 which you can get for five or six grand plus another five K will reliably school them all for fun...

it seems as though you don't enjoy modding cars and don't want to put in the wrench time... that's cool buy an SRT 4 there alreedy done!

but hands down 10-12k on a used focus can make one Hell of a performer... that's practacal and cheap on insurence

oh and if you want a warenty buy a kia...

and if you do get an SRT four my friend has a direct port N20 set up for sale :ph34r:
ZED_not_zee,Mar 6 2007, 03:12 AM Wrote:it seems as though you don't enjoy modding cars and don't want to put in the wrench time...
[right][snapback]229062[/snapback][/right]

ur completly WRONG about that comment....sorry.....but pretty much every mod on my car i put in myself, its my hobby just like everybody else's on here
if i would of say bought that neon, itd get stuck with it to pay off for some time(years) and probably wouldn't be able to afford modding it....even though the basics on it are have been done before me

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5