FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Water In The Hatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when I was switching my seats on the weekend I was in the hatch and a couple things were wet. I didn't take much notice and thought I had a leaking bottle of water or something like that. But today at lunch I got some groceries and when I popped the hatch and opened it a whole stream of water came out from the bottom of the door right where the inside trim and the bottom of the door meet. I checked the 3rd brake light and the seal seems ok. I am stumped as to where the the water is coming from.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 23 2006, 06:48 PM Wrote:So when I was switching my seats on the weekend I was in the hatch and a couple things were wet.  I didn't take much notice and thought I had a leaking bottle of water or something like that.  But today at lunch I got some groceries and when I popped the hatch and opened it a whole stream of water came out from the bottom of the door right where the inside trim and the bottom of the door meet.  I checked the 3rd brake light and the seal seems ok.  I am stumped as to where the the water is coming from. 

Has anyone else had this problem?
[right][snapback]213105[/snapback][/right]

I get water where my spair tire is, aftermarket tails need sealing. I know its not the same spot.. but is it possible?

Microbunny had this problem, but his was tboned, so that could have been the cause.
Stock tails.
When I was hit the damage was low and only cosmetic.

The water is in the hatch door. I have not pulled the floor up to see what is is the tire well. I kind of don't want to but I think I may have to just to see what I am up against. I guess I will pull the interior pannel off to see what else is wrong.
Chalk or baby powder the rubber trim all the way around and then close the hatch again. Open it back up and see where you're not getting a good seal.

My guess is because it's a hatch and one of the first places to receive pressure/wear is at the top of the hatch, the rubber is losing its seal there.