Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water In The Hatch
So when I was switching my seats on the weekend I was in the hatch and a couple things were wet. I didn't take much notice and thought I had a leaking bottle of water or something like that. But today at lunch I got some groceries and when I popped the hatch and opened it a whole stream of water came out from the bottom of the door right where the inside trim and the bottom of the door meet. I checked the 3rd brake light and the seal seems ok. I am stumped as to where the the water is coming from.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 23 2006, 06:48 PM Wrote:So when I was switching my seats on the weekend I was in the hatch and a couple things were wet.  I didn't take much notice and thought I had a leaking bottle of water or something like that.  But today at lunch I got some groceries and when I popped the hatch and opened it a whole stream of water came out from the bottom of the door right where the inside trim and the bottom of the door meet.  I checked the 3rd brake light and the seal seems ok.  I am stumped as to where the the water is coming from. 

Has anyone else had this problem?
[right][snapback]213105[/snapback][/right]

I get water where my spair tire is, aftermarket tails need sealing. I know its not the same spot.. but is it possible?

TYC Chrome Altezza Tails / Green Streetglow Interior Neon / Clear side markers /Hella Headlights
Microbunny had this problem, but his was tboned, so that could have been the cause.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Stock tails.
When I was hit the damage was low and only cosmetic.

The water is in the hatch door. I have not pulled the floor up to see what is is the tire well. I kind of don't want to but I think I may have to just to see what I am up against. I guess I will pull the interior pannel off to see what else is wrong.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Chalk or baby powder the rubber trim all the way around and then close the hatch again. Open it back up and see where you're not getting a good seal.

My guess is because it's a hatch and one of the first places to receive pressure/wear is at the top of the hatch, the rubber is losing its seal there.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.