FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Motor Mounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the symptons of having shot motor mounts?
I would say shaky car at idle, loud 'whacks' when shifting. Thats just guessing, if you have a haynes manuel, check under the troubleshooting section. Some good info in there.
ya my car shakes a bit, but i also have a s***ty idle that fluctuates. havent been able to diagnose that.

also my exhsut rattles alot too. would excessive wheel hop on some launches also be a sympton?
when it comes to motor mounts clunking is defenitly a sign they are going or gone also if when you apply load to the motor if there is excessive engine rocking it usually means there is someting a little off but just keep in mind the engine is supposed to rock a little bit

When it comes to your rough idle it could be many things bad fuel filter, bad ground, bad sensors or even with the mods you have done to your vehicule the air fuel mixture may need to be adjusted for it to run 100% smooth. It's a tuff call
st_two_007,Oct 19 2006, 12:04 AM Wrote:when it comes to motor mounts clunking is defenitly a sign they are going or gone also if when you apply load to the motor if there is excessive engine rocking it usually means there is someting a little off but just keep in mind the engine is supposed to rock a little bit

When it comes to your rough idle it could be many things bad fuel filter, bad ground, bad sensors or even with the mods you have done to your vehicule the air fuel mixture may need to be adjusted for it to run 100% smooth.  It's a tuff call
[right][snapback]212434[/snapback][/right]

from driving the car im pretty sure the mounts are shot.

as for the idle im pretty sure its the IAC, i jsut havent gotten around to fix it, its been like this for a long time, before i did any major mods.