Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Mounts
What are the symptons of having shot motor mounts?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I would say shaky car at idle, loud 'whacks' when shifting. Thats just guessing, if you have a haynes manuel, check under the troubleshooting section. Some good info in there.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ya my car shakes a bit, but i also have a s***ty idle that fluctuates. havent been able to diagnose that.

also my exhsut rattles alot too. would excessive wheel hop on some launches also be a sympton?

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
when it comes to motor mounts clunking is defenitly a sign they are going or gone also if when you apply load to the motor if there is excessive engine rocking it usually means there is someting a little off but just keep in mind the engine is supposed to rock a little bit

When it comes to your rough idle it could be many things bad fuel filter, bad ground, bad sensors or even with the mods you have done to your vehicule the air fuel mixture may need to be adjusted for it to run 100% smooth. It's a tuff call
2007 Focus GFX ST pitch black
st_two_007,Oct 19 2006, 12:04 AM Wrote:when it comes to motor mounts clunking is defenitly a sign they are going or gone also if when you apply load to the motor if there is excessive engine rocking it usually means there is someting a little off but just keep in mind the engine is supposed to rock a little bit

When it comes to your rough idle it could be many things bad fuel filter, bad ground, bad sensors or even with the mods you have done to your vehicule the air fuel mixture may need to be adjusted for it to run 100% smooth.  It's a tuff call
[right][snapback]212434[/snapback][/right]

from driving the car im pretty sure the mounts are shot.

as for the idle im pretty sure its the IAC, i jsut havent gotten around to fix it, its been like this for a long time, before i did any major mods.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  motor mounts 1seensvt 7 2,522 09-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Motor mounts...Need advice liquidfocus 5 2,834 07-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Last Post: liquidfocus