FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Focus Coupe And Sedan Finally Spied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like the lines on the doors and the handles.

And I wish they would designe some new and bigger wheels.

I hate the fusion grille.
they better have something to compete with the SI coupe. And I dont want to see a 2.0 135hp crap either.
The 2 door looks like a disaster.
meford4u,Sep 27 2006, 12:54 PM Wrote:The 2 door looks like a disaster.
[right][snapback]208821[/snapback][/right]

s***, I didn't even notice that!:LOL:

Yeah that looks wierd.
what do you mean.. looks pretty similar to the 4 door.. just with 2 doors instead..

I dont think it looks very good (from what i can see) but i already dont like the new (05+) north amreican focus either..
That two door just seems off to me.

What's the point of a coupe when the rear is almost a carbon copy of the sedan minus the two doors? It looks cheap & trashy (Like the new Accent two door) if yer making a coupe make a coupe not a sedan with the two rear doors welded shut <_<

NefCanuck
I think the front is going to look like baby fusion
NefCanuck,Sep 27 2006, 01:03 PM Wrote:That two door just seems off to me.

What's the point of a coupe when the rear is almost a carbon copy of the sedan minus the two doors?  It looks cheap & trashy (Like the new Accent two door) if yer making a coupe make a coupe not a sedan with the two rear doors welded shut <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]208837[/snapback][/right]

good point, it does look like Accent.....eeeww
I hope all the cladding isn't throwing off my sensibilities... because I really, REALLY like the idea of a bonafide Focus coupe.

Now, if the best motor available to the line isn't in the coupe... I'm staging a sit-in at FoMoCoCan.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 27 2006, 03:02 PM Wrote:I hope all the cladding isn't throwing off my sensibilities... because I really, REALLY like the idea of a bonafide Focus coupe.

Now, if the best motor available to the line isn't in the coupe... I'm staging a sit-in at FoMoCoCan.
[right][snapback]208852[/snapback][/right]

If they throw the 2.3L in the coupe with a manual I think I'd faint right then & there. :ph34r:

NefCanuck
They both look like Hyundai's or Kia's, they have fender gaps like a 4x4, and the 1ST GERERATION wheels STILL. Make some new ones, BIG ones to go with the big grille. Man, I KNEW Ford was gonna ruin another vehicle...the Focus started off fresh, edgy, and fun...now it looks like a smaller turd version of the older Taurus, with a Fusion grille. What a waste of f***ing time...
Looks like the coupe means the end to the hatchback.......
S2,Sep 27 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Looks like the coupe means the end to the hatchback.......
[right][snapback]208864[/snapback][/right]

better not. Everybody knows hatchbacks are the coolest cars in the world. Yeah I said world.
Flofocus,Sep 27 2006, 04:30 PM Wrote:
S2,Sep 27 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Looks like the coupe means the end to the hatchback.......
[right][snapback]208864[/snapback][/right]

better not. Everybody knows hatchbacks are the coolest cars in the world. Yeah I said world.
[right][snapback]208867[/snapback][/right]
X2 PITA brotha
Remember everyone this is not production, your not going to see brand new wheels on a test vehicle....They throw on whatever that fits the car.

Plus 2 years after this the all new focus comes out along with the rest of the world....
So is this just another facelift on the same platform?

I like how they got rid of the side molding bumpstrip or whatever it's called, but I dont really get the point of redesigning the same car over and over again. I guess it's too much to ask for Ford to make a small car that people are actually excited to drive and buy..
I was told that Ford NA won't bring the MKII from europe here yet, because the brand new tooling in the factories here for the 1st gen wasn't/still isn't paid off yet. I think that's what has been holding them back. If that's the case, then it means we are going to MAYBE get the MKII, 2 years after the rest of the world gets it, just like the 1st gen...

I don't mean to hate on Ford because they wanna facelift the older one now, it's just that they had a great car, and have made it boring not only to us Foci enthusiasts, but also to prospective new Foci buyers too.

I really do hope that they release the MKII in NA, and then we'll see the sales of cars like the Matrix, Civic Coupe, and others drop, even if only by a little. They can't keep selling us stuff that's "just good enough" all the time.

If they released the MKII, especially the performance models in the spring, I'll be first in line at my local dealer to buy one, even if I'll be upside down on the financials...it'll be worth it to me.
I really like the front and rear bras, but the rest looks like a Hyundai :)
Do you not find that the trim on the doors makes the two-door look like a sedan version of the '02ish mustang?? Just the side.... not the whole thing.... (probably going to get shot for having said that... )

And for that matter... the four door looks vaguely like my old '94 Tercel... same colour too
Pages: 1 2