FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Greatest Motorsport Driver Of All Time......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
RETIRES!!!!

I think Schumacher is a stand up and a very classy guy, Im sure F1 fans are going to miss him.

Sad day for F1

On a side note that Polish guy Robert may be tearring it up next year.....3 races already and hes placed .
I thought the saddest day in F1 was when Murray Walker retired...I miss him practically having himself over the mic talking about Schumie...lol

Still, we'll see if anyone can top him now...
D-Dub,Sep 10 2006, 08: Wrote:RETIRES!!!!

I think Schumacher is a stand up and a very classy guy, Im sure F1 fans are going to miss him.

Sad day for F1

On a side note that Polish guy Robert may be tearring it up next year.....3 races already and hes placed .
[right][snapback]206379[/snapback][/right]

If you mean classy as in stopping on his qualifying lap to block anyone from beating him or purposely running into Damon Hill to secure his championship and trying the same thing with Jacques Villeneuve then yes he will be missed. M.S.is a good enough driver to win without cheating. Too bad an otherwise great carrer will forever be marred by these and many other questionable incidents. I for one will not miss the arrogant SOB.
bluetoy,Sep 10 2006, 08:48 PM Wrote:If you mean classy as in stopping on his qualifying lap to block anyone from beating him or purposely running into Damon Hill to secure his championship and trying the same thing with Jacques Villeneuve then yes he will be missed. M.S.is a good enough driver to win without cheating. Too bad an otherwise great carrer will forever be marred by these and many other questionable incidents. I for one will not miss the arrogant SOB.
[right][snapback]206383[/snapback][/right]

no kidding!

Now Damon Hill seemed like a pretty decent guy..
M.S. was a dick. His retirement now lets all the other ppl get on with racing. I will not miss the jerk and all of his on and off track anticks. I think F1 will be better off without him, personally speaking.
Drivesthebeast,Sep 10 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:I thought the saddest day in F1 was when Murray Walker retired...I miss him practically having himself over the mic talking about Schumie...lol

Still, we'll see if anyone can top him now...
[right][snapback]206381[/snapback][/right]

Murray Walker was an idiot that used to get off on seeing British Drivers not do well because they couldn't. He would have a hard on every time he mentioned Damon Hills name.

Quote:If you mean classy as in stopping on his qualifying lap to block anyone from beating him or purposely running into Damon Hill to secure his championship and trying the same thing with Jacques Villeneuve then yes he will be missed. M.S.is a good enough driver to win without cheating. Too bad an otherwise great carrer will forever be marred by these and many other questionable incidents. I for one will not miss the arrogant SOB.

Everyone does stupid things during their time on this Earth. With respect to the qualifying lap you spoke of, Alonso had the whole 15 minutes to beat Schumacher's time in that qualifying session. If he couldn't beat him in 14 minutes, 30 seconds, then the last 30 seconds wouldn't help.

Jacques Villeneuve has less class than a cave man. He's the only driver I know of that put down his team while driving for them. When he was racing for BAR he would make fun of the team whenever given the chance. In Montreal 3 years ago I heard him say and I quote "Well we [BAR] came here not expecting to finish and of course we didn't as expected. The car is not performing asgood as it should be...". What kinda s*** is that?

With respect to his career being marred; No other driver has every single record except for the youngest driver to win a grand prix. Sure there were bumps in the road along the way but how would you respond if the governing body of Formula One changed the rules each year to hinder your chances of winning. Every new rule that came out in the last 5 years was to limit Ferrari's chance of winning another grand prix.

Arrogant? Arrogance is when you think you're the best. Truth is when you know you are the best.

Quote:M.S. was a dick. His retirement now lets all the other ppl get on with racing. I will not miss the jerk and all of his on and off track anticks. I think F1 will be better off without him, personally speaking.

Why all these people hate on M.S? The reason is because no one likes what they can't beat. No other driver could achieve what Schumacher has. His retirement now lets all the other people get on with racing? Every team was given equal chances to become great. Can you condemn Ferrari for giving the best driver the best car? This isn't house league hockey. Not everyone deserves the right to sit atop a podium every race.

I'm not saying the guy is perfect but he is far from an asshole. He donated as much as Canada as a whole did to the Tsunami relief. He evelated F1 to a level not ever achieved before. If it wasn't for Michael Schumacher's career, Bernie Ecklestone wouldn't be making $500 Million a year. You can't blame the guy for being the best he could be at something he loved. Just stop hating on a guy who achieved a ton of goals.
Richard Petty was the best motorsport driver of all time.

*zip* (flame suit)
A dick wouldnt thank his team over and over, a dick wouldnt hug his team first and then his boss.......He knows hes good but he also knows its not all him. When the Tsunami hit.......he donated 10 million.

PFFFF Damon hill is equally as guilty if not more, he took Shumacher out a couple times also.

I used to like Villeneuve untill he started blaming everyone but himself.
For me the saddest in Motor racing was May 1, 1994 the day Ayrton Senna died.

Laterz :)
[quote=D-Dub,Sep 10 2006, 08:11 PM]
RETIRES!!!!

The best current driver still top in his field " Sebastian Loeb " WRC this french guy is a machine.
(I love F1 and Shumacher is a classy easy to like driver who likes to drive hard n fast.)
K_OS,Sep 11 2006, 06:58 AM Wrote:For me the saddest in Motor racing was May 1, 1994 the day Ayrton Senna died.

[right][snapback]206425[/snapback][/right]

definately up there!
ANTHONYD,Sep 11 2006, 08:27 AM Wrote:
K_OS,Sep 11 2006, 06:58 AM Wrote:For me the saddest in Motor racing was May 1, 1994 the day Ayrton Senna died.

[right][snapback]206425[/snapback][/right]

definately up there!
[right][snapback]206430[/snapback][/right]

quoted for truth.

that, and Ayrton Senna's Racing for the Game gear was THE best racing game for the game gear!
Penwraith,Sep 11 2006, 04:50 AM Wrote:The best current driver still top in his field " Sebastian Loeb " WRC this french guy is a machine.
[right][snapback]206429[/snapback][/right]

He's a hotshot. We'll see if he has what it takes for the long haul. I prefer Colin McRae and Richard Burns (RIP) for their sheer skill, even though they were both hot-tempered, cocky bastards.

For skillful, and humble, i'd say Carlos Sainz or Marcus Gronholm.

Most F1 drivers will agree that WRC drivers are more skilled than they are.
With respect to his career being marred; No other driver has every single record except for the youngest driver to win a grand prix. Sure there were bumps in the road along the way but how would you respond if the governing body of Formula One changed the rules each year to hinder your chances of winning. Every new rule that came out in the last 5 years was to limit Ferrari's chance of winning another grand prix.....

You mean of course the mass damper being an aero dynamic device right ?????? oh wait that was renault,,, but those wheel centers that ferrari came out with that attach to the wheel where there are not suppose to be any attachments on the wheel are legal???? I guess the 5 years ends last year!!! But yes I too will miss M.S.... He is of course the good for the sport, sort of like Robbie Gordon!!!
Worst day for motorsport for me, was the day I watched Greg Moore's car blow apart like a pile of leaves, and then finding out that he succame to head injuries on the way to hospital. Greg Moore was my favourite driver...
Drivesthebeast,Sep 11 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:Worst day for motorsport for me, was the day I watched Greg Moore's car blow apart like a pile of leaves, and then finding out that he succame to head injuries on the way to hospital.  Greg Moore was my favourite driver...
[right][snapback]206561[/snapback][/right]

That was probably worst for most Canadians, that and when Gilles V. got ejected into a fence from his F1 car.
:( :( :(
Wowwwwwwwwwww this thread is now pure depressing!!!
Another sad day was the day the Intimidator, Dale Sr., was killed. Many, many, many NASCAR fans cried themselves to sleep that night (not me, since I was a Mark Martin fan at the time).

Ryan
reldridge,Sep 12 2006, 04:10 AM Wrote:Another sad day was the day the Intimidator, Dale Sr., was killed. Many, many, many NASCAR fans cried themselves to sleep that night (not me, since I was a Mark Martin fan at the time).

Ryan
[right][snapback]206597[/snapback][/right]

and the scary part was how innocent the crash looked on TV. I've seen far worse happen in a NASCAR race and the driver gets out of the mangled remains of his car under his own power :(

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2