FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some help with the TPS on a focus Central throttle body. There are 3 sets of screws for the TPS, whick one do I use???
fist of all do u have auto or a stick?

here's a lil diagram....

[Image: 65tb.jpg]

not sure about the screws.... when i was installin mine(and mine is a stick) i had a problem that my tps would work only in the Auto trany postition ....weird but it works.....if i put it in the Manual position it revs too high
[Image: 02tb-holes.jpg]
yeah, mine is a stick....if I put it where its supposed to go, it doesnt rev highenough and if I put it in the other positions, it revs too high
what r u your rpm when u say its not revs high enough?....mine at idle is 800rpm
yeah it idles around that too but feels like it wants to stall....and when it revs too high, it revs at about 3000
How long have you had this part on the car? The reason I ask is the puter in your car needs time to understand the new TB yu put on and how the car responds to it. That can take up to 1000km's. The rev's should sort themself out within that time limit if you installed the part correctly and have the pins in the correct location.
If you unhooked the battery, then this might be adding to your issues as well. We find that with all the mods done to our Focus, that after unhooking the battery, the gas mileage and rev's go for a s*** for about 600km's and then sort themself out.
Might be worth a try.
That sounds massively over the limit for a new mod when it idles at 3000 RPMs. The other one sounds a tad more plausible as the proper location.