FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Whacked By Insurance Renewal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welp, just got my yearly notice of wallet rapeage (AKA - Auto Insurance in Ontario) Not only are they jacking me up %5 over last year, the little weasels even snuck in a service charge increase of 20 cents per payment (on monthly billing)

That led me to thinking if there was anything I could do to maybe lower if not eliminate this increase and in my case I'm eyeing my deductables for collision & comp which currently sit at $500 each.

Hence my poll question. What do you have as your deductables? And what year/model of Focus do you have?

NefCanuck
$1,000 for everything - 01 Sedan.
if your car is payed off then don't put collision on it ... otherwise $1000 for both

and if your under 180-200/month theni wouldn't even worry about it. With living in the city and all you can't really get much better
schade,Jul 31 2006, 09:11 PM Wrote:if your car is payed off then don't put collision on it ... otherwise $1000 for both

and if your under 180-200/month theni wouldn't even worry about it.  With living in the city and all you can't really get much better
[right][snapback]200110[/snapback][/right]

I'm at $216 right now and I'll be going to $228 starting in August. I'm tempted to see just how much the difference would be for $1K deductables for both (And maybe an alarm upgrade if it'll make a difference on the comp # since the Focus only comes standard with an immobilizer)

NefCanuck
mine dropped $12 when i raised my deductables to $1g ... they say doing the comprehensive doesn't really change anything .. best thing todo is ask around for someone who is on a private insurance plan and get them to sign you up
i was paying 150 and kelly was paying 141. After we got married we are paying 210 for both cars.

One benefit of getting married :D, and i think that is the only one.

schade,Jul 31 2006, 10:02 PM Wrote:mine dropped $12 when i raised my deductables to $1g ... they say doing the comprehensive doesn't really change anything .. best thing todo is ask around for someone who is on a private insurance plan and get them to sign you up
[right][snapback]200130[/snapback][/right]

Heh, funny thing is, I have access to the OPSEU plan through work, which is supposedly the best group plan out there. Their numbers are worse even with a $1K deductable than the proposed increase with my current carrier (My current policy has a $500 deductable)

Rasim frasin government legalized Ponzi scheme <_<

NefCanuck