Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whacked By Insurance Renewal
Welp, just got my yearly notice of wallet rapeage (AKA - Auto Insurance in Ontario) Not only are they jacking me up %5 over last year, the little weasels even snuck in a service charge increase of 20 cents per payment (on monthly billing)

That led me to thinking if there was anything I could do to maybe lower if not eliminate this increase and in my case I'm eyeing my deductables for collision & comp which currently sit at $500 each.

Hence my poll question. What do you have as your deductables? And what year/model of Focus do you have?

NefCanuck
$1,000 for everything - 01 Sedan.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
if your car is payed off then don't put collision on it ... otherwise $1000 for both

and if your under 180-200/month theni wouldn't even worry about it. With living in the city and all you can't really get much better
Below Average Car Club
schade,Jul 31 2006, 09:11 PM Wrote:if your car is payed off then don't put collision on it ... otherwise $1000 for both

and if your under 180-200/month theni wouldn't even worry about it.  With living in the city and all you can't really get much better
[right][snapback]200110[/snapback][/right]

I'm at $216 right now and I'll be going to $228 starting in August. I'm tempted to see just how much the difference would be for $1K deductables for both (And maybe an alarm upgrade if it'll make a difference on the comp # since the Focus only comes standard with an immobilizer)

NefCanuck
mine dropped $12 when i raised my deductables to $1g ... they say doing the comprehensive doesn't really change anything .. best thing todo is ask around for someone who is on a private insurance plan and get them to sign you up
Below Average Car Club
i was paying 150 and kelly was paying 141. After we got married we are paying 210 for both cars.

One benefit of getting married :D, and i think that is the only one.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

schade,Jul 31 2006, 10:02 PM Wrote:mine dropped $12 when i raised my deductables to $1g ... they say doing the comprehensive doesn't really change anything .. best thing todo is ask around for someone who is on a private insurance plan and get them to sign you up
[right][snapback]200130[/snapback][/right]

Heh, funny thing is, I have access to the OPSEU plan through work, which is supposedly the best group plan out there. Their numbers are worse even with a $1K deductable than the proposed increase with my current carrier (My current policy has a $500 deductable)

Rasim frasin government legalized Ponzi scheme <_<

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elvis Whacked Out... ANTHONYD 6 2,022 02-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch