FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pirates Of The Carribean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone seen the new Pirates of the Carribean "Dead man's chest" movie?? If so, what did you think of it?
ZX5chica,Jul 11 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:Has anyone seen the new Pirates of the Carribean "Dead man's chest" movie?? If so, what did you think of it?
[right][snapback]197133[/snapback][/right]

Saw it on Saturday, thought that it was a good movie but that it spent far too much time hitting you over the head with plot threads for the next movie <_<

One of the best scenes in the movie was the three way sword fight, well choreographed. Definately an entertaining movie.

NefCanuck
I saw it on saturday as well, it was a good movie but I really hated how they left it so open for the third installment without giving a date of when it will be out....

It's a good movie by far and the plot is easy to follow and its really a good action movie as something is always going on at any moment in the movie.
Going to see it Friday night... can't wait!

Wanted to go this past weekend, but opening weekends for movies aren't my deal, I hate crowded theaters.
torradan,Jul 11 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:Going to see it Friday night... can't wait!

Wanted to go this past weekend, but opening weekends for movies aren't my deal, I hate crowded theaters.
[right][snapback]197140[/snapback][/right]

Funny thing was, even though we went on a Saturday the theatre was by no means full (This was for an 8pm showing) It helped that they had two shows at 8pm, but I was still rather surprised.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 11 2006, 03:58 PM Wrote:
torradan,Jul 11 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:Going to see it Friday night... can't wait!

[right][snapback]197140[/snapback][/right]

Funny thing was, even though we went on a Saturday the theatre was by no means full (This was for an 8pm showing) It helped that they had two shows at 8pm, but I was still rather surprised.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]197145[/snapback][/right]

yeah me too, I was able to get a seat with the bf rather easy, and we showed up right at the start time of 11 pm.
not to mention there are like 10 theaters within a 20 km radius here in peel.
scoobasteve,Jul 11 2006, 03:33 PM Wrote:not to mention there are like 10 theaters within a 20 km radius here in peel.
[right][snapback]197149[/snapback][/right]

Except in my case I went to see the movie in Scarberia with my friends out there :P (Racked up as many KM that day between going to Niagara Falls for the car show, then Scarberia and then home as I did on the drive to MBRP in Hunstville :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
I went to see it Sunday. I thought it was great. But yeah they really do hit you over the head with threads for the next movie. That made it less enjoyable in the end. But very much a fun movie, not once did I get bored, and I never once thought the movie was long or anything.

I think I'll definately buy this movie.
Frost__2001,Jul 11 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:I saw it on saturday as well, it was a good movie but I really hated how they left it so open for the third installment without giving a date of when it will be out....

The 3rd installment is coming out at Christmas.. these last two movies were filmed a la Lord of The Rings.. all at once.

Hence why the story arcs are so freakin' huge and why NOTHING gets wrapped up.

it was a great movie entertainment wise, but man, when you're sitting there for 2 hours wondering when something is going to get resolved, and you don't know about the 3rd movie and then it ends like it does... It does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Can't wait for the next one tho.
I had seen it on Sunday night here in Ottawa. We showed up to the movie theatre early, assuming that it would be busy, and we ended up having to sit in the third row. I ended up leaving the theatre with a headache, and I was hoping it was because the screen was so close, as opposed to the cause being the movie itself.
I thought it was good in terms of action sequences and such, but it still left something to be desired. I was hoping that I wasn't the only one who thought that. I don't know, I guess I just felt sort of cheated.

darkpuppet,Jul 12 2006, 08:22 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jul 11 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:I saw it on saturday as well, it was a good movie but I really hated how they left it so open for the third installment without giving a date of when it will be out....

The 3rd installment is coming out at Christmas.. these last two movies were filmed a la Lord of The Rings.. all at once.

Hence why the story arcs are so freakin' huge and why NOTHING gets wrapped up.

it was a great movie entertainment wise, but man, when you're sitting there for 2 hours wondering when something is going to get resolved, and you don't know about the 3rd movie and then it ends like it does... It does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Can't wait for the next one tho.
[right][snapback]197204[/snapback][/right]

That's a really quick turnaround for the third installment :blink: Either they think this movie will have a limited run and they can squeeze out the DVD release before the third movie hits the theatres at Christmas, or they plan to wait until the third movie finishes its run and release the two movies at the same time next year (and in a special "limited edition" three pack no doubt) <_<

NefCanuck
^--- six months is plenty of time to wait.. they can turn out a regular DVD, and then 6 months later a few extra special editions in sequel or trilogy packs.

God I hate DVD marketing..

Any longer wait, and people might go nuts waiting for the next installment. I honestly don't know if I want to wait 6 months to find out what happens next.

it's safe to say that this is one of the only sequels that have come out recently where I actually look forward to the next installment.
darkpuppet,Jul 12 2006, 09:31 AM Wrote:^--- six months is plenty of time to wait.. they can turn out a regular DVD, and then 6 months later a few extra special editions in sequel or trilogy packs. 

God I hate DVD marketing..

Any longer wait, and people might go nuts waiting for the next installment.  I honestly don't know if I want to wait 6 months to find out what happens next.
[right][snapback]197215[/snapback][/right]

Oh DVD marketing is evil incarnate, but then again what marketing isn't? :P

I dunno, I honestly do want to see what happens next but around christmas time the last thing on my mind is going to see a movie in a theatre. I think pushing #3 out then will hurt the box office take (as small as it is in relation to all the other related sales & merch)

NefCanuck
actually, they've only filmed 1/2 of the third installment. Filming for the remaining half resumes next month. I really don't see them squeezing it out in time for xmas....

rumour also has it Mick Jagger is going to make a cameo appearance as Jack's dad! but that's not written in stone yet, as they haven't filmed that scene yet, so who knows if it's a for sure thing.
Focused,Jul 12 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:actually, they've only filmed 1/2 of the third installment.  Filming for the remaining half resumes next month.  I really don't see them squeezing it out in time for xmas....

rumour also has it Mick Jagger is going to make a cameo appearance as Jack's dad!  but that's not written in stone yet, as they haven't filmed that scene yet, so who knows if it's a for sure thing.
[right][snapback]197224[/snapback][/right]

It's actually Keith Richards and as far as the Toronto Sun reported yesterday he said that its a go ;)

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Jul 11 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:yeah me too, I was able to get a seat with the bf rather easy, and we showed up right at the start time of 11 pm.
[right][snapback]197146[/snapback][/right]

"the BF" ?? :unsure:
NefCanuck,Jul 12 2006, 10:20 AM Wrote:
Focused,Jul 12 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:actually, they've only filmed 1/2 of the third installment.  Filming for the remaining half resumes next month.  I really don't see them squeezing it out in time for xmas....

rumour also has it Mick Jagger is going to make a cameo appearance as Jack's dad!  but that's not written in stone yet, as they haven't filmed that scene yet, so who knows if it's a for sure thing.
[right][snapback]197224[/snapback][/right]

It's actually Keith Richards and as far as the Toronto Sun reported yesterday he said that its a go ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]197225[/snapback][/right]

oops...yea...i'm not exactly e-talk daily..i knew it was one of those crazy bastards :)
Focused,Jul 12 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jul 11 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:yeah me too, I was able to get a seat with the bf rather easy, and we showed up right at the start time of 11 pm.

[right][snapback]197227[/snapback][/right]

here's the loop --> O ... and here's you --> x
darkpuppet,Jul 12 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:
Focused,Jul 12 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]197227[/snapback][/right]

here's the loop --> O ... and here's you --> x
[right][snapback]197237[/snapback][/right]

hahaha

ohhhhhhh ....so it wasn't a typo .....gotcha ...10-4

is there a thread about this so i can get back in the loop?
Pages: 1 2