FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Is Screwed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Drove to work this morn, no problem...

grab my morning coffee...go back to the car, start it up, put it into reverse...BAM..huge clunk....

limp backwards in neutral.....get going forward...hardly any power./..

make it across the road to work..and then down the road to the dealership./..

bottom line..

24,900km...my transmission is destroyed!

what a piece of s***...nothing but issues with this car...

..YES THEY ARE FIXIN IT...

yes there is warranty..

but, I think I'm gonna try to ditch this piece of trash asap.///

Not worth it to me to drive an unsafe, unpredictable, unreliable car...

My life with the focus ends today!
Sorry to hear Paul...

What are you gonna buy next?
I'm so sorry to hear, Paul! I never knew you were having problems with the Foci. I'm at 19,961 kms and today is her one year birthday and that is with zero problems.

Do they know what caused the problem?
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 20 2006, 05:59 PM Wrote:I'm so sorry to hear, Paul! I never knew you were having problems with the Foci. I'm at 19,961 kms and today is her one year birthday and that is with zero problems.

[right][snapback]194238[/snapback][/right]

no, typical ford service jerkoff...said 'these things happen'..

so i assume that he admits fords are garbage?

I'm seriously disgusted by this whole experience with this car.....

I dont even know what to get now...maybe a used nissan...

f*** it...I'm seriously just so annoyed..
I really hope this doesn't happen with my Focus. I don't know anyone else with an 05' Foci. I told my dad not to buy a Foci because of situations that you are going through now, but it was a deal, so he went for it.

I really do hope everything works out for you. Do you think if you sell it to someone you could get a good price for it and then yeah, buy a used car?
Man oh man...what's with everybody having cars that just won't last? Am I the only one that DOES last?

Sorry to hear about your situation...I'd take a look at an SEL V6 Fusion as a possible next car. I get the feeling that they cut fewer corners with that one...

Keep us posted...
microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:what a piece of s***...nothing but issues with this car...

[right][snapback]194231[/snapback][/right]

You had another focus before this one right?........How does the old saying go "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" <_<
SVT ZX3,Jun 20 2006, 06:48 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:what a piece of s***...nothing but issues with this car...

[right][snapback]194231[/snapback][/right]

You had another focus before this one right?........How does the old saying go "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" <_<
[right][snapback]194264[/snapback][/right]

yeh I had an 00' and an 03'...both were awesome!..so that saying doesnt apply here...beeatch..
maybe you ended up with one of the few that was built as a lemon?
microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 05:20 PM Wrote:both were awesome!..so that saying doesnt apply here...beeatch..
[right][snapback]194281[/snapback][/right]

Then I guess the 3rd time isn't the charm. :P Foo!
Paul, don't fret. Nissans and everything else have their problems too.

Well, cept Hondas, the problem with those is the drivers (present company and former admin staff excluded).
Yeowtch the tranny puked? :blink: Makes my fun with the fuel guage last year look like a walk in the park :huh:

How in the world does an autotragic tranny blow up unless you starve the damn thing for fluid or powershift it like a manual? That's the part that floors me (and worries me <_< )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 20 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:...How in the world does an autotragic tranny blow up unless you starve the damn thing for fluid or powershift it like a manual?...
[right][snapback]194292[/snapback][/right]

Yeh..I'd like to know how an automatic tranny with 24,900km can just die...

microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 07:42 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 20 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:...How in the world does an autotragic tranny blow up unless you starve the damn thing for fluid or powershift it like a manual?...

[right][snapback]194293[/snapback][/right]

Ask the dealership to give you the diagnosis, just for kicks. I wanna know if I'm looking at walking for a bit if mine's likely to plotz itself <_< (Can't drive a loaner even if they give me one y'see :( )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 20 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 20 2006, 07:42 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]194293[/snapback][/right]

Ask the dealership to give you the diagnosis, just for kicks. I wanna know if I'm looking at walking for a bit if mine's likely to plotz itself <_< (Can't drive a loaner even if they give me one y'see :( )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]194294[/snapback][/right]

thats what a guy at work said to me...'you mean they didnt give you a loaner car?'

i was like, what fairy-tale are you living in!?
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 20 2006, 05:59 PM Wrote:I'm so sorry to hear, Paul! I never knew you were having problems with the Foci. I'm at 19,961 kms and today is her one year birthday and that is with zero problems.

[right][snapback]194238[/snapback][/right]

Similar situation here as well. Too bad you've got all those issues bunny.
welcome to the club, my atx tranny blow up at 39200km a month ago (i do less than 8000km/year, i have an 2001 SE Sport), ...but im did a lot of bad thing (powershift, burnout, drift, some neutral-drive start)
Seems like Foci are either hit or miss. Sounds like you're missing.
sorry to hear you are having problems. if you are going used nissan i vote for 02-03 maxima with 255hp, LSD and 6spd.. got some nice extras tossed in there too like hids and leather. really nice setup.. i almost got one instead of the rex.
I agree...bad luck and stupid problems...

my old 03' focus was wayyy better!
Pages: 1 2 3