FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Boring Vid Of The Focus On The Dyno Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flof...focus_dyno1.flv

We could only get the base run down due to a faulty o2 sensor...Done on a mustang dyno.

:blink:

Not really happy about the #'s, but the tuner said Tom's tune is really conservative and he can do lots with it, so that is great news. I was always happy about how the car pulled and what it trapped at the track, so I can only get more power from here on.

159.6WHP@5078RPM
185.8WTQ@3935RPM
[Image: LWF0001.jpg]
Um, that sucks Nate.

WTF????

We had that before any tuning and the head work?

Maybe we are going backwards with our #'s????

But lots of torque in that tb.

Where did you go?
Makko, he said the timing values Tom has are ultra conservative.

Going back this afternoon, hopefully to pick it up with 200whp.

Cant wait to drive it though. :D Like he said, its only going to get better

Will post results!
Disappointing :blink:

I'm sure once they pull your tune out of "conservative" mode, you'll drop the numbers you're looking for / expect.

Keep us posted!
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 08:41 AM Wrote:Disappointing :blink:

[right][snapback]188250[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I was.

Happy witht he trq #'s though. I would have been happier if the HP was in the same range though...
Lots of potential there...its got nowhere to go but up.
You might not have the sheer HP numbers that you were looking for, but those torque numbers sure are sweet. Once you get the tune issues sorted out sounds like you'll have the numbers that you were expecting. Good luck

NefCanuck
Lordy, almost double what my Duratec made at the wheels stock last year :blink:
NefCanuck,May 18 2006, 10:17 AM Wrote:You might not have the sheer HP numbers that you were looking for, but those torque numbers sure are sweet.  Once you get the tune issues sorted out sounds like you'll have the numbers that you were expecting.  Good luck

NefCanuck
Lordy, almost double what my Duratec made at the wheels stock last year :blink:
[right][snapback]188277[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Im not to worried, the car was a blast to drive even with the issues it had with driveability before, so its gonna be that much more fun with it properly tuned. Speaking about that, he was able to fix the hanging revs and my idle so thats is nice. Drives even more like stock now.
Nate. look at it this way....

The smile on your face when you drive it after thune will be BIGGER than the one you had when you drove it for the first time boosted.
the car did PULL before... it will only get better...

also, it's on a mustang dyno.. you'd probably have pulled closer to 200 on a dynojet.
:( :angry:

AF meter took a dump on him this morning again....

He's going to buy a new one, but doesnt look like he'll be able to finsih today. Back to the rollers for Monday.

Quote:the car did PULL before... it will only get better...

also, it's on a mustang dyno.. you'd probably have pulled closer to 200 on a dynojet.

Yeah Kevin just told me the same thing over msn, I dont get it though....just before I dropped the car off to him, I was playing with a WRX on the highway, exchanging pulls....And I WAS pulling...I dont see the TRQ helping me that much with highway pulls <_<
torque does all the work....

HP is just work over time.

if you're driving in the meat of your torque curve, that's where you'll experience the greatest acceleration, regardless of how much horsepower your car makes in total.

that, and mustang dynos with all their corrective calculations... I typically see people fall 50-60HP on them... don't get discouraged. you should be able to mine a bit more power, but don't write it off until you're able to compare apples to apples.
darkpuppet,May 19 2006, 11:21 AM Wrote:torque does all the work....

HP is just work over time.

if you're driving in the meat of your torque curve, that's where you'll experience the greatest acceleration, regardless of how much horsepower your car makes in total.

that, and mustang dynos with all their corrective calculations... I typically see people fall 50-60HP on them... don't get discouraged.  you should be able to mine a bit more power, but don't write it off until you're able to compare apples to apples.
[right][snapback]188524[/snapback][/right]

or you blow it up.
that was a pretty boring vid, hope that you get the numbers that your looking for.

so steve, whats the differnce on a Mustang Dyno, and DynoJet. cause i made 150 HP and 129 ft lbs on a Mustang Dyno last year, that was on a bone stock SVT. just explain to me what the difference is.
I hate when you guys do this to me....

Anybody wanna guess the new numbers? :D

:P

2 programs on my new chip, i can switch it on the fly!

9psi
12 psi

Go nuts.

215 FWHP
220 wtrq
200whp/210wtq @ 10psi
220whp/240wtq @ 12psi

bad news is now I officially have to redo my block.

Spun a rod bearing. :(

Off to focussport. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Jun 15 2006, 06:03 PM Wrote:200whp/210wtq @ 10psi
220whp/240wtq @ 12psi

bad news is now I officially have to redo my block.

Spun a rod bearing.  :(

Off to focussport.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]193316[/snapback][/right]

Can I have a ride soon? :rolleyes:
as soon as my engine will be back together. :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2