FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Was Hit This Morning.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well I was on my way to work this morning, minding my bussiness and all of a sudden a Mazda 3 turns right into my left rear quarter pannel. He damaged my rim, quarter pannel and bumper cover. I was pissed but I kept my cool. He says please don't go thru insurance I can't afford my insurance to go up, blah, blah blah.... So after I get all his info I go directly to the collision reporting center and file a report.

What a way to start a week. :angry:
If he can't afford insurance he's not going to be able to afford to fix your car, rear quarter, rim and bumper is expensive. I'd say the rear quarter is allot due to it not being easy to just unbolt and replace....
Make sure you get it fixed WHERE YOU WANT TO GET IT FIXED.

Don't take it to "his buddy" or anwhere else you don't feel comfortable.

Make sure he pays in full.

I smell Euro bumper :P
Focus man, Focus.,May 15 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:Well I was on my way to work this morning, minding my bussiness and all of a sudden a Mazda 3 turns right into my left rear quarter pannel.  He damaged my rim, quarter pannel and bumper cover.  I was pissed but I kept my cool.  He says please don't go thru insurance I can't afford my insurance to go up, blah, blah blah....  So after I get all his info I go directly to the collision reporting center and file a report.

What a way to start a week.  :angry:
[right][snapback]187548[/snapback][/right]

Dude, there's a reason he doesn't want you to go through insurance, his rates are crap as is and this will push him into the insurance of last resort. Given the amount of damage that you suffered (Using your description I'm thinking easily $3.5K) he won't have the cash to pay that either.

Go through insurance man, it'll save you a ton and a half of grief

NefCanuck

(Please note that the above is not a legal opinion but merely represents my personal feelings on the matter)
^^^ True. Insurance will save you grief. If you still want to be nice i'd take it to a shop and get them to quickly price it out, then ask the dude for that much. If he goes and starts saying that "my buddy" line. Just go through insurance.

I personally would just take it to ford. SVT rear bumper...yum...hey if you don't want one, i'll give you my liquid grey rear :)
^^^agree,
Yeah, don't worry I am on the phone with insurance right now. I am not going to play games with this guy. He hit me, it's his fault so he has to pay (thru insurance). I don't need the added headache of chasing someone down or deal with "Buddys".

The funny part is at the collision reporting center the cop said "That should buff right out". LOL I almost died. :rofl: I will snap a couple photos tonight of the damage. There is a small dent and scrape but nothing major on the quarter. The rim has a minor scrape and a lot of rubber all over it. And the rear bumper cover is still in place but has paint damage.

For those coming to Masiv Monday I will show you the damage, if not stay posted for pic's.
Lots of bad luck going around lately with accidents it seems (myself included) SVT rear bumper for teh win1!!!!! I'm trying to make the best of my situation right now too. My hood is toast so I'm trying to hook up a CF hood as replacement.
Ouch, Kevin, really though if it's all paint work and minor dints sounds like about $1,800 worth of damage if nothing internal was damaged like the rear rebar being moved etc.....

As for all the comments above as mentioned said Insurance is the best way to go as your not at fault, and kids that cause damages like that usually never realize how much it really costs to fix a car these days.
Yup, report it real quick. Good luck with that!
you should have punched him in the nose. I hear it's the acceptible thing to do nowadays.

hope you get it all sorted out.. at least you reported it so the kid is going to have to take responsibility.
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:you should have punched him in the nose.  I hear it's the acceptible thing to do nowadays.
[right][snapback]187640[/snapback][/right]

Pfft. Of course it is.

There's nothing a bout of fisticuffs can't solve :lol:
yea, just buff it out- no biggie!! haha
jen_deans,May 15 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:yea, just buff it out- no biggie!! haha
[right][snapback]187647[/snapback][/right]

Thats what the cop suggested at the reporting center. :lol:
Focus man, Focus.,May 15 2006, 03:30 PM Wrote:
jen_deans,May 15 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:yea, just buff it out- no biggie!! haha
[right][snapback]187647[/snapback][/right]

Thats what the cop suggested at the reporting center. :lol:
[right][snapback]187648[/snapback][/right]

And thats why they make the big bucks!!!
darkpuppet,May 15 2006, 02:05 PM Wrote:you should have punched him in the nose.  I hear it's the acceptible thing to do nowadays.

hope you get it all sorted out.. at least you reported it so the kid is going to have to take responsibility.
[right][snapback]187640[/snapback][/right]
So Focus man musta lane changed into the kid and the kids not at fault so punch him in the nose to relieve anger :D. But yah screw the kid insurance that up. That'll teach him without bustin his nose
Sorry to hear it Kev!!!

that sux!

glad ur alright!

i would say that he is not reflective of all mazda3 drivers!
lol

now, about the insurance, truth be told, i would take his insurance info on the spot, and then i would take it to where i want it fixed and get the estimate, tell the dude, and if he said any of that my buddy s***, i would go insurance right away, if he said he would pay, not a big deal, i would give him a very short period of time to come of with the cash, if not, insurance time!!!

if the guy was a dick to me and wasn't appolegetic i would shaft him right away!

damn, there is a lot of collsions going around!

i will check the damage at the meet tonight!

My response..........buy a truck

I have been rear-ended 3 times now. And I have no damage.

The other cars are a different story.

Buy a truck
meford4u,May 15 2006, 07:44 PM Wrote:My response..........buy a truck

I have been rear-ended 3 times now.  And I have no damage.

Buy a truck
[right][snapback]187722[/snapback][/right]

I can attest to that. :lol: (once had a pickup)

But glad to hear it wasn't that bad. Your daughter wasn't in the car at least.
meford4u,May 15 2006, 07:44 PM Wrote:My response..........buy a truck

I have been rear-ended 3 times now.  And I have no damage.

Buy a truck
[right][snapback]187722[/snapback][/right]

My fuel bills are less than $30 for over 300KM, what about yours? :P :lol:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3