FocusCanada Forums
Leather Shift Boot - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Leather Shift Boot (/showthread.php?tid=1532)

Leather Shift Boot - dBlast - 05-04-2009

There was another member on here that had made some leather shift boots. I wanted to order some at the time, but did not and now he has not been active on here for a long time, so I decided to try my hand at making my own. A friend of mine cut up her leather pants and made shorts out of them. She gave me one of the legs as raw material.

Before:
[Image: IMG_1052.jpg]

Taken apart, note how beat up the cheap vinyl boot was:
[Image: IMG_1060.jpg]

Used the old boot to pattern the new leather:
[Image: IMG_1061.jpg]

Stitched all up:
[Image: IMG_1062.jpg]

Final product installed:
[Image: IMG_1064.jpg]

Leather Shift Boot - euro_zx5 - 05-04-2009

Looks great!

Leather Shift Boot - castone - 05-04-2009

looks really good, nice job!

Leather Shift Boot - meford4u - 05-04-2009

Good use of the leather chaps you used to wear.

Leather Shift Boot - Focus man. Focus. - 05-04-2009

Nice work. Any photos of your female friend?

Leather Shift Boot - Canadian ST - 05-04-2009

The pants could look better with holes cut out.

Leather Shift Boot - NefCanuck - 05-04-2009

Well done,

I had the ebrake boot replaced by a leather duplicate made by that member.

Makes things look classier IMO

NefCanuck

Leather Shift Boot - ZTWsquared - 05-04-2009

Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

BTW - IIRC the guy who did these for us a couple of years ago was the pepperman ... he's still quite active on the "airplane" site sout of the border.

And finally ... I was wondering what kind of fragrance the leather had ... cowhide or .......... female.

Leather Shift Boot - Canadian ST - 05-04-2009

ZTWsquared,May 3 2009, 08:23 PM Wrote:Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

BTW - IIRC the guy who did these for us a couple of years ago was the pepperman ... he's still quite active on the "airplane" site sout of the border.

And finally ... I was wondering what kind of fragrance the leather had ... cowhide or .......... female.
[right][snapback]286434[/snapback][/right]

Hay Ken his name is "mailman666" I talked to him last summer, I think he is out of T.O.
He seems like a decent guy to deal with.

Leather Shift Boot - dBlast - 05-04-2009

ZTWsquared,May 3 2009, 07:23 PM Wrote:Very nice work Vince ... does your wife know you're so handy with a sewing machine?

[right][snapback]286434[/snapback][/right]

Well lucky for me, my wife does not frequent this site. Actually it is only the second time I've used that sewing machine. I prefer to figure out how to do something and then have the satisfaction that I did it myself. The internet is a great resource.

As far as your last question... lambskin... :ph34r:

I knew that a co-worker had worked at Danier Leather and I had asked her if she could get some leather scraps for my project. She tried unsucessfully and then offered to part out her extensive little-worn leather wardrobe.