FocusCanada Forums
And now for something Different. - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: And now for something Different. (/showthread.php?tid=18084)

Pages: 1 2

And now for something Different. - Frost__2001 - 06-26-2010

well I hate to say this but I've now using my beater '87 Corolla for the last 2 days, as my Focus is now offically a write off. I got comfermation from my insurance ajuster yesterday that after showing the car to him, there is no point in fixing it from the accident that occured in my under ground parking lot on wednesday night, as there is $3,700 in damages to the car, before factoring in the replacement European imported items.

I still have the car, as I had the option of making a claim or to repair it myself, so I've come to the conclusion that there would be no point in the claim. The thing that bothers me the most is when i go down to the parking lot, and see my focus still in it's space all smashed up... Undecided

Otherwise I'm still sore on my left side, and I think I have a mild concussion or whiplash not 100% sure on which one yet, but I'll post pictures when I can get the car push out into the day light to take some really good pictures. I can honestly say I'm really going to miss my focus when she's finally gone. Sad

RE: And now for something Different. - Oscar The Grouch - 06-26-2010

Get a new one! There is always something new to try. Be the first on the board for the new 2011 model!

RE: And now for something Different. - Focus man. Focus. - 06-26-2010

Damn Phillip. Sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok. Any salvagable parts euro swap wise? I may be interested.

RE: And now for something Different. - Jmountney1 - 06-26-2010

buy an 06 and do a 00-04 euro front clip.

is your euro front bumper fixable

RE: And now for something Different. - reldridge - 06-26-2010

Sad day for sure... Sad

I know there are about 3 or 4 yellow Street Editions floating around Ottawa... If I see a for sale sign on one, I'll let you know.

RE: And now for something Different. - ZTWsquared - 06-26-2010

Wow - so sorry to hear this news Philip - I do hope you're feeling okay.

Timing is kind of ironic ... just this past weekend we were driving west along Bovaird - turning left onto Heritage, and my son yells "yellow car!!" ... (he's been doing that since he was two) ... and sure enough it was you heading east ... when I told him who it was, he remembered the couple of times we've met up. He'll be sad to hear that your car's been written off.

RE: And now for something Different. - ANTHONYD - 06-26-2010

Aww man sorry to hear Philip.

That car was part of the fiber of FC.
It will be missed for sure. Especially at meets, seeing it was ALWAYS the only yellow sedan.

RE: And now for something Different. - OAC_Sparky - 06-27-2010

Yeah that stinks, Phil.

Let me know if you buy a new Ford for an X-Plan PIN.

If you're in the market still next spring my Focus will be up ...

RE: And now for something Different. - euro_zx5 - 06-27-2010

Glad your alright Phil! It was always a treat to see your sedan at Anthony's bbq meets, she'll be missed for sure.

RE: And now for something Different. - Frost__2001 - 06-27-2010

(06-26-2010, 08:29 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Get a new one! There is always something new to try. Be the first on the board for the new 2011 model!

problem with that is you can't order one untill sometime next year.
(06-26-2010, 10:13 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Damn Phillip. Sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok. Any salvagable parts euro swap wise? I may be interested.

I was hit in the blind corner in my underground parking just after I pulled out of my parking space, so everything from the begining of the driver's side tire has been pushed up and to the passenger side of the car, the passenger fender and bumper are sticking out about 1 foot of where they should be. I can't really open the passenger front door, and the battery has been pushed into the engine... I think the only salvagable European parts worth saving would be the fender repeaters, maybe the foglights, and the CAI cover, possibly the lower facelift ghia grille.
I took these photos yesterday afternoon, so it's day time when I took these, but this should give you an idea of how dark my underground parking is, and how poor the lighting is. also the reason why my car is parked nose into the space is because it wouldn't start and I had to push it there... odd thing is it starts and runs now a day or so after the accident.

In this Photo is the actual side of the car where it was hit
[Image: wreaked.jpg]

this is the photo of the front end, the headlights and grille are resting on the rebar as there is no other support, or anything holding them in place anymore, the front the bumper is torn in many places, the hood will not close past the "catch latch"

[Image: wreaked3.jpg]

this photo is of the passenger side over view

[Image: wreaked2.jpg]

this is to show how far out the front end sticks out from where it should be

[Image: wreaked4.jpg]
I tried to take a photo of the engine but the lighting is so poor that any photo taken of the engine, you can't see anything in the picture other then the tops of the fenders

RE: And now for something Different. - hardk0re - 06-27-2010

sucks, someone really must have been moving in the underround do do all that! From the pics the upper grill still looks ok....but those break easily even without a front end collision...

Buy my old focus!

RE: And now for something Different. - Frost__2001 - 06-27-2010

(06-27-2010, 02:11 AM)hardk0re Wrote: sucks, someone really must have been moving in the underround do do all that! From the pics the upper grill still looks ok....but those break easily even without a front end collision...

Buy my old focus!

Actually the body colour frame is in the trunk, and the upper grille is cracked in the centre at the base of the ford logo, and the arm clips are broken on the pass side, and where it's screwed in, all the tabbs are broken off.
well after a little tour across parts of ontario, I think I found a suitable replacement.

replacement

Not many people can say that they test drove the car before the actual dealer bought it lol Big Grin

RE: And now for something Different. - NikiterZTS - 06-27-2010

Buy Kev's old car or Meford son's. Both are epic cars for a wicked price.

RE: And now for something Different. - NefCanuck - 06-27-2010

Gah... this is why I hate underground parking lots because you invariably have that one idiot who treats it like a chase scene from a movie instead of the danger zone that it is.

Good to hear that you're okay but sucks about the car Sad

NefCacnuck

RE: And now for something Different. - castone - 06-27-2010

Sorry to hear man!
From the first few pic's it doesn't look bad until you see that last photo.

You should buy an 05-07 and swap all your salvage-able parts over for a front end conversion.Cool

RE: And now for something Different. - moon111 - 06-27-2010

If the car is in good mechanical shape, and the inner structure isn't damaged a whole lot, I'd fix it. Fenders, hoods, grills, etc. are all easy to find. My local scrap yard had about eight Focus there. Very cheap too. I've decided to buy the professionally tinted side windows from a wrecked car for only $5 each rather spend $30 for film at Canadian Tire.

RE: And now for something Different. - meford4u - 06-28-2010

(06-27-2010, 06:46 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote:
(06-27-2010, 02:11 AM)hardk0re Wrote: sucks, someone really must have been moving in the underround do do all that! From the pics the upper grill still looks ok....but those break easily even without a front end collision...

Buy my old focus!

Actually the body colour frame is in the trunk, and the upper grille is cracked in the centre at the base of the ford logo, and the arm clips are broken on the pass side, and where it's screwed in, all the tabbs are broken off.
well after a little tour across parts of ontario, I think I found a suitable replacement.

replacement

Not many people can say that they test drove the car before the actual dealer bought it lol Big Grin

Phillip,

Bad news always has good news behind it. Don't know if you realized or even want to see it, but the boys car if for sale and for less money. But I certainly hope you recover well and it is sad to see the loss of your car.

RE: And now for something Different. - Focus man. Focus. - 06-28-2010

Are the tabs on the headlights broken? If so, do you think they can be repaired? They just look as if they have been pushed over a bit (a lot).

And how about the sideview mirrors?

RE: And now for something Different. - Drivesthebeast - 06-28-2010

Shitty deal dude...hope you are ok, and hope you can get into a new ride of your liking soon!

RE: And now for something Different. - Scorcher000 - 06-28-2010

Dammmmmmmmmmmmm
Thats sucks. i know how it feels to have you baby wrecked.
Well... it's gonna be tough to spot you traveling around the Mall now lol.

Good choice on the Black ZX3. Clean looking.

Good luck.