Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
And now for something Different.
well I hate to say this but I've now using my beater '87 Corolla for the last 2 days, as my Focus is now offically a write off. I got comfermation from my insurance ajuster yesterday that after showing the car to him, there is no point in fixing it from the accident that occured in my under ground parking lot on wednesday night, as there is $3,700 in damages to the car, before factoring in the replacement European imported items.

I still have the car, as I had the option of making a claim or to repair it myself, so I've come to the conclusion that there would be no point in the claim. The thing that bothers me the most is when i go down to the parking lot, and see my focus still in it's space all smashed up... Undecided

Otherwise I'm still sore on my left side, and I think I have a mild concussion or whiplash not 100% sure on which one yet, but I'll post pictures when I can get the car push out into the day light to take some really good pictures. I can honestly say I'm really going to miss my focus when she's finally gone. Sad
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Get a new one! There is always something new to try. Be the first on the board for the new 2011 model!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Damn Phillip. Sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok. Any salvagable parts euro swap wise? I may be interested.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
buy an 06 and do a 00-04 euro front clip.

is your euro front bumper fixable
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
Sad day for sure... Sad

I know there are about 3 or 4 yellow Street Editions floating around Ottawa... If I see a for sale sign on one, I'll let you know.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Wow - so sorry to hear this news Philip - I do hope you're feeling okay.

Timing is kind of ironic ... just this past weekend we were driving west along Bovaird - turning left onto Heritage, and my son yells "yellow car!!" ... (he's been doing that since he was two) ... and sure enough it was you heading east ... when I told him who it was, he remembered the couple of times we've met up. He'll be sad to hear that your car's been written off.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Aww man sorry to hear Philip.

That car was part of the fiber of FC.
It will be missed for sure. Especially at meets, seeing it was ALWAYS the only yellow sedan.
Yeah that stinks, Phil.

Let me know if you buy a new Ford for an X-Plan PIN.

If you're in the market still next spring my Focus will be up ...
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Glad your alright Phil! It was always a treat to see your sedan at Anthony's bbq meets, she'll be missed for sure.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
(06-26-2010, 08:29 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Get a new one! There is always something new to try. Be the first on the board for the new 2011 model!

problem with that is you can't order one untill sometime next year.
(06-26-2010, 10:13 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Damn Phillip. Sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok. Any salvagable parts euro swap wise? I may be interested.

I was hit in the blind corner in my underground parking just after I pulled out of my parking space, so everything from the begining of the driver's side tire has been pushed up and to the passenger side of the car, the passenger fender and bumper are sticking out about 1 foot of where they should be. I can't really open the passenger front door, and the battery has been pushed into the engine... I think the only salvagable European parts worth saving would be the fender repeaters, maybe the foglights, and the CAI cover, possibly the lower facelift ghia grille.
I took these photos yesterday afternoon, so it's day time when I took these, but this should give you an idea of how dark my underground parking is, and how poor the lighting is. also the reason why my car is parked nose into the space is because it wouldn't start and I had to push it there... odd thing is it starts and runs now a day or so after the accident.

In this Photo is the actual side of the car where it was hit
[Image: wreaked.jpg]

this is the photo of the front end, the headlights and grille are resting on the rebar as there is no other support, or anything holding them in place anymore, the front the bumper is torn in many places, the hood will not close past the "catch latch"

[Image: wreaked3.jpg]

this photo is of the passenger side over view

[Image: wreaked2.jpg]

this is to show how far out the front end sticks out from where it should be

[Image: wreaked4.jpg]
I tried to take a photo of the engine but the lighting is so poor that any photo taken of the engine, you can't see anything in the picture other then the tops of the fenders
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
sucks, someone really must have been moving in the underround do do all that! From the pics the upper grill still looks ok....but those break easily even without a front end collision...

Buy my old focus!
(06-27-2010, 02:11 AM)hardk0re Wrote: sucks, someone really must have been moving in the underround do do all that! From the pics the upper grill still looks ok....but those break easily even without a front end collision...

Buy my old focus!

Actually the body colour frame is in the trunk, and the upper grille is cracked in the centre at the base of the ford logo, and the arm clips are broken on the pass side, and where it's screwed in, all the tabbs are broken off.
well after a little tour across parts of ontario, I think I found a suitable replacement.

replacement

Not many people can say that they test drove the car before the actual dealer bought it lol Big Grin
Buy Kev's old car or Meford son's. Both are epic cars for a wicked price.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Gah... this is why I hate underground parking lots because you invariably have that one idiot who treats it like a chase scene from a movie instead of the danger zone that it is.

Good to hear that you're okay but sucks about the car Sad

NefCacnuck
Sorry to hear man!
From the first few pic's it doesn't look bad until you see that last photo.

You should buy an 05-07 and swap all your salvage-able parts over for a front end conversion.Cool
If the car is in good mechanical shape, and the inner structure isn't damaged a whole lot, I'd fix it. Fenders, hoods, grills, etc. are all easy to find. My local scrap yard had about eight Focus there. Very cheap too. I've decided to buy the professionally tinted side windows from a wrecked car for only $5 each rather spend $30 for film at Canadian Tire.
(06-27-2010, 06:46 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote:
(06-27-2010, 02:11 AM)hardk0re Wrote: sucks, someone really must have been moving in the underround do do all that! From the pics the upper grill still looks ok....but those break easily even without a front end collision...

Buy my old focus!

Actually the body colour frame is in the trunk, and the upper grille is cracked in the centre at the base of the ford logo, and the arm clips are broken on the pass side, and where it's screwed in, all the tabbs are broken off.
well after a little tour across parts of ontario, I think I found a suitable replacement.

replacement

Not many people can say that they test drove the car before the actual dealer bought it lol Big Grin

Phillip,

Bad news always has good news behind it. Don't know if you realized or even want to see it, but the boys car if for sale and for less money. But I certainly hope you recover well and it is sad to see the loss of your car.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Are the tabs on the headlights broken? If so, do you think they can be repaired? They just look as if they have been pushed over a bit (a lot).

And how about the sideview mirrors?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Shitty deal dude...hope you are ok, and hope you can get into a new ride of your liking soon!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Dammmmmmmmmmmmm
Thats sucks. i know how it feels to have you baby wrecked.
Well... it's gonna be tough to spot you traveling around the Mall now lol.

Good choice on the Black ZX3. Clean looking.

Good luck.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car