FocusCanada Forums
How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? (/showthread.php?tid=195)

How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - midnightsbeauty - 03-17-2010

I bought some aftermarket tail lights a while back from someone on another focus website and was never told that the seal on one of the tail lights was broken. I have tried resealing the lights using the original seal and trying to stick the seal back on with black silicone but it is not sticking as well as i'd hoped. So, I'm looking for some ideas...

How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - Lowe9 - 03-18-2010

midnightsbeauty,Mar 16 2010, 08:35 PM Wrote:I bought some aftermarket tail lights a while back from someone on another focus website and was never told that the seal on one of the tail lights was broken.  I have tried resealing the lights using the original seal and trying to stick the seal back on with black silicone but it is not sticking as well as i'd hoped.  So, I'm looking for some ideas...
[right][snapback]303434[/snapback][/right]

You could expoy the cover closed, and then seal it with GE 100% Silicone.

How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - sonic_mikey - 03-18-2010

if you seal them with the moisture still inside the unit, they will still fog up and have condensation. You need to stick a shop vac in were the bulb sits, turn it on, then seal the lights while its running. I had to do this with my ANZO headlights. FYI Goop works wicked awsome at sealing, its flows almost like windsheild silicone but acts like epoxy XD

RE: How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - midnightsbeauty - 06-16-2010

So if I use the goop I use it with my original plastic seal right?
And which type of goop... There's so much!! Lol

RE: How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - paolo - 06-16-2010

Which kinda aftermarket lights did you buy? were they APC Cannons by any chance?

RE: How Do I Reseal Tail Lights? - midnightsbeauty - 06-17-2010

Uh.. dunno. Don't think so... Got a pic of them?