Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Reseal Tail Lights?
I bought some aftermarket tail lights a while back from someone on another focus website and was never told that the seal on one of the tail lights was broken. I have tried resealing the lights using the original seal and trying to stick the seal back on with black silicone but it is not sticking as well as i'd hoped. So, I'm looking for some ideas...
~Ivy~

"I'm the kind that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
Fast & Furious
midnightsbeauty,Mar 16 2010, 08:35 PM Wrote:I bought some aftermarket tail lights a while back from someone on another focus website and was never told that the seal on one of the tail lights was broken.  I have tried resealing the lights using the original seal and trying to stick the seal back on with black silicone but it is not sticking as well as i'd hoped.  So, I'm looking for some ideas...
[right][snapback]303434[/snapback][/right]

You could expoy the cover closed, and then seal it with GE 100% Silicone.
if you seal them with the moisture still inside the unit, they will still fog up and have condensation. You need to stick a shop vac in were the bulb sits, turn it on, then seal the lights while its running. I had to do this with my ANZO headlights. FYI Goop works wicked awsome at sealing, its flows almost like windsheild silicone but acts like epoxy XD
So if I use the goop I use it with my original plastic seal right?
And which type of goop... There's so much!! Lol
~Ivy~

Fast & Furious
Which kinda aftermarket lights did you buy? were they APC Cannons by any chance?
My other ride is your Mom
Uh.. dunno. Don't think so... Got a pic of them?
~Ivy~

Fast & Furious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  07 Zx3 Tail Lights, Cost? scotiacustom 7 2,844 04-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Last Post: scotiacustom
  Where Can I Buy Altezza Tail Lights For A 2005? sheridanford05 10 3,562 05-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Last Post: microbunny
  Euro Tail Lights focusnme 9 3,334 04-21-2005, 10:01 AM
Last Post: microbunny
  Altezza Tail Lights j.a.dj 12 4,242 08-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Last Post: S2
  Zts Tail Lights mo_focus 4 2,404 07-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Last Post: paolo