FocusCanada Forums
cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: The Detailing Bay (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off? (/showthread.php?tid=19882)

cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off? - paolo - 03-19-2012

A bird crap landed right on one of my headlights while parked outside for 2 days. Its been busy at my work too doing extra time so I have not had time to clean that s**t off, no pun intended untill today. I washed off the car and used this detailing silicone cleaner which is a mild abrasive and gets rid of minor clear coat scratches, however there is still a small residue that will not come off what so ever no matter what type of cleaner or wax or polish i use. Any idea how to clean that s**t off? once again no pun intended

RE: cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off? - hardk0re - 03-19-2012

toothpaste

RE: cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off? - euro_zx5 - 03-19-2012

Turtle wax bug and tar remover breaks down more than most believe, then to keep the crap from sticking on the lenses in the future use a product like meguiars plasticx after each wash.

Otherwise, wet sand and polish.

RE: cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off? - paolo - 03-19-2012

(03-19-2012, 01:32 PM)euro_zx5 Wrote: Turtle wax bug and tar remover breaks down more than most believe, then to keep the crap from sticking on the lenses in the future use a product like meguiars plasticx after each wash.

Otherwise, wet sand and polish.

Thanks. I will look at picking up some of that stuff today after work. weird usually bird poop comes right off, but maybe this birds poop had a higher than normal acidity level?