Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cleaning bird crap off headlamp, left a stain. how to clean that s**t off?
A bird crap landed right on one of my headlights while parked outside for 2 days. Its been busy at my work too doing extra time so I have not had time to clean that s**t off, no pun intended untill today. I washed off the car and used this detailing silicone cleaner which is a mild abrasive and gets rid of minor clear coat scratches, however there is still a small residue that will not come off what so ever no matter what type of cleaner or wax or polish i use. Any idea how to clean that s**t off? once again no pun intended
My other ride is your Mom
toothpaste
Turtle wax bug and tar remover breaks down more than most believe, then to keep the crap from sticking on the lenses in the future use a product like meguiars plasticx after each wash.

Otherwise, wet sand and polish.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
(03-19-2012, 01:32 PM)euro_zx5 Wrote: Turtle wax bug and tar remover breaks down more than most believe, then to keep the crap from sticking on the lenses in the future use a product like meguiars plasticx after each wash.

Otherwise, wet sand and polish.

Thanks. I will look at picking up some of that stuff today after work. weird usually bird poop comes right off, but maybe this birds poop had a higher than normal acidity level?
My other ride is your Mom