FocusCanada Forums
JRSC SVT value? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: JRSC SVT value? (/showthread.php?tid=20601)

JRSC SVT value? - QWKRN-U - 09-04-2012

Hi guys, need to sell my 02 SVT Focus it has a Jackson Racing supercharger on it as well as a Focus Central throttle body, AEM CAI, short shifter, strut brace and pillar gauges. Ran great when I parked it but the alternator has seized up from sitting over the winter. I have a used one to go with it.

The car has around 220K on it, the body has a few small paint blisters but no holes other than the hood (I have a rust free one that I would include with the car). It has a non SVT front bumper on it with he SVT lip on it. It has aftermarket wheels with snows on the front and not great all seasons on the rear. The interior is a little dirty but would clean up nice, no rips or holes. It has no radio at all. The car is SVT blue. With a little bit of work it could be a nice car again it just needs more time than I have for it.

What do you think I should ask for it as is? How much with the alt. replaced and running?

Thanks for your input guys, would like to post it on KIJIJI with in the next week or so.

RE: JRSC SVT value? - ZTWsquared - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 12:13 PM)QWKRN-U Wrote: Hi guys, need to sell my 02 SVT Focus it has a Jackson Racing supercharger on it as well as a Focus Central throttle body, AEM CAI, short shifter, strut brace and pillar gauges. Ran great when I parked it but the alternator has seized up from sitting over the winter. I have a used one to go with it.

The car has around 220K on it, the body has a few small paint blisters but no holes other than the hood (I have a rust free one that I would include with the car). It has a non SVT front bumper on it with he SVT lip on it. It has aftermarket wheels with snows on the front and not great all seasons on the rear. The interior is a little dirty but would clean up nice, no rips or holes. It has no radio at all. The car is SVT blue. With a little bit of work it could be a nice car again it just needs more time than I have for it.

What do you think I should ask for it as is? How much with the alt. replaced and running?

Thanks for your input guys, would like to post it on KIJIJI with in the next week or so.

The number would depend on a few factors, including whether or not you plan on selling it "as is" or running with a safety cert (assuming Ontario) ... but my advice would be to either:

a) get it running and put it back as close to stock as possible (engine, alternator, bumper, radio, better hood)

or

b) parting it out.

If neither of these options are doable, be prepared to get next to nothing for it - frankly the only people who will want to take on a non-running, modified project are those who would want to steal it.

All this is my opinion of course and I hope for your sake I can be proven wrong.

All the best and GLWS

RE: JRSC SVT value? - SVT-WGN - 09-05-2012

ZTW² has given you the best advice. We bought a fully functional (body damage from roll over) SVT for $500 for our project wagon. List all of the special parts (supercharger, strut bar), ask for offers (or just list price) and wait. If enough parts sell, dismantle the car and make the money. Photos are absolutely necessary.

RE: JRSC SVT value? - QWKRN-U - 09-05-2012

Thanks for the advice guys. I dont have much time to work on the car and would rather just sell it as is for now, but if its not worth anything as is I may be forced to do some work to it.

RE: JRSC SVT value? - NikiterZTS - 09-05-2012

Where are you located?

RE: JRSC SVT value? - QWKRN-U - 09-06-2012

I am located about an hour East of Toronto

RE: JRSC SVT value? - GFXjamie - 09-06-2012

you'd be lucky to get 2 grand as it sits, however in running/driving condition and everything taken care of, you can get more. A part out is the best way to make back your money, only if you have the time. I know from parting out a car, it does take a lot of time here and there, not only in taking things off, but arranging your life around meeting those who are buying your parts. it also takes time to move all the stuff worth anything.