Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRSC SVT value?
Hi guys, need to sell my 02 SVT Focus it has a Jackson Racing supercharger on it as well as a Focus Central throttle body, AEM CAI, short shifter, strut brace and pillar gauges. Ran great when I parked it but the alternator has seized up from sitting over the winter. I have a used one to go with it.

The car has around 220K on it, the body has a few small paint blisters but no holes other than the hood (I have a rust free one that I would include with the car). It has a non SVT front bumper on it with he SVT lip on it. It has aftermarket wheels with snows on the front and not great all seasons on the rear. The interior is a little dirty but would clean up nice, no rips or holes. It has no radio at all. The car is SVT blue. With a little bit of work it could be a nice car again it just needs more time than I have for it.

What do you think I should ask for it as is? How much with the alt. replaced and running?

Thanks for your input guys, would like to post it on KIJIJI with in the next week or so.
(09-04-2012, 12:13 PM)QWKRN-U Wrote: Hi guys, need to sell my 02 SVT Focus it has a Jackson Racing supercharger on it as well as a Focus Central throttle body, AEM CAI, short shifter, strut brace and pillar gauges. Ran great when I parked it but the alternator has seized up from sitting over the winter. I have a used one to go with it.

The car has around 220K on it, the body has a few small paint blisters but no holes other than the hood (I have a rust free one that I would include with the car). It has a non SVT front bumper on it with he SVT lip on it. It has aftermarket wheels with snows on the front and not great all seasons on the rear. The interior is a little dirty but would clean up nice, no rips or holes. It has no radio at all. The car is SVT blue. With a little bit of work it could be a nice car again it just needs more time than I have for it.

What do you think I should ask for it as is? How much with the alt. replaced and running?

Thanks for your input guys, would like to post it on KIJIJI with in the next week or so.

The number would depend on a few factors, including whether or not you plan on selling it "as is" or running with a safety cert (assuming Ontario) ... but my advice would be to either:

a) get it running and put it back as close to stock as possible (engine, alternator, bumper, radio, better hood)

or

b) parting it out.

If neither of these options are doable, be prepared to get next to nothing for it - frankly the only people who will want to take on a non-running, modified project are those who would want to steal it.

All this is my opinion of course and I hope for your sake I can be proven wrong.

All the best and GLWS
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTW² has given you the best advice. We bought a fully functional (body damage from roll over) SVT for $500 for our project wagon. List all of the special parts (supercharger, strut bar), ask for offers (or just list price) and wait. If enough parts sell, dismantle the car and make the money. Photos are absolutely necessary.
Thanks for the advice guys. I dont have much time to work on the car and would rather just sell it as is for now, but if its not worth anything as is I may be forced to do some work to it.
Where are you located?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I am located about an hour East of Toronto
you'd be lucky to get 2 grand as it sits, however in running/driving condition and everything taken care of, you can get more. A part out is the best way to make back your money, only if you have the time. I know from parting out a car, it does take a lot of time here and there, not only in taking things off, but arranging your life around meeting those who are buying your parts. it also takes time to move all the stuff worth anything.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily