FocusCanada Forums
Removing Scratches. - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Removing Scratches. (/showthread.php?tid=5340)

Pages: 1 2

Removing Scratches. - ANTHONYD - 06-25-2007

It's amazing what you can do with some good rubbing compound and a little elbow grease.

FIRST WASH THE CAR AND CLAY BAR!!!!! YOU HAVE TO REMOVE ALL DIRT BEFORE USING COMPONDS OR YOU'LL BE SORRY IN WAY'S A CANNOT BEGIN TO EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get one of these kits:

[Image: 07240.jpg]

AND...
Grab this:

[Image: 0391020_450_SC_ba68.jpg]

A little water and a clean cloth.

Dip the rag in water to dapen and grab alttle of the compound on the rag.
In a circular motion with good force, (enough to see the panel flex) work the compond over the scratch.

Wipe off compund with a CLEAN rag and check to see if the scratch is less noticable. (What the compound achieves is it takes off a very small layer of clear coat (not enough to damage)

If the scratch is still noticiable (with a finger nail) re apply and grind on it some more.

When you're happy with the results...

Apply this:

[Image: 0392867_450_CC_ba73.jpg]

And then finally this:

[Image: 0392863_450_SC_e349.jpg]

After all that, the scratch should be barely noticiable. (unless you point it out)

Removing Scratches. - Mason - 06-25-2007

Ya that stuff would do it.

I mean sure it cost you like 80bux but no more scratch B)

Removing Scratches. - ANTHONYD - 06-25-2007

yeah....

But you know how long that stuff lasts????

Not to mention, having a car resprayed is a lot more than 80 bux.

Removing Scratches. - Mason - 06-25-2007

ANTHONYD,Jun 25 2007, 09:36 AM Wrote:yeah....

But you know how long that stuff lasts????

Not to mention, having a car resprayed is a lot more than 80 bux.
[right][snapback]242288[/snapback][/right]

If you keep it waxed it should stay good for a while. You will probibly want to get a cleaner wax to remove the built up wax, or remove old and put new on.

I myself use A sample of mothers cleaner wax right now. Mothers rep was in a few weeks ago.
But I wax with Maguires NXT Paste or liquid. I have both :D

Removing Scratches. - Flofocus - 06-25-2007

I do the claybar, compound, and wax thing twice a year. Once in March/April time frame, a second time in November. B)

Removing Scratches. - CanadaSVT - 06-26-2007

ANTHONYD,Jun 25 2007, 08:12 AM Wrote:It's amazing what you can do with some good rubbing compound and a little elbow grease.
No pic of scratch before and after?

Removing Scratches. - ANTHONYD - 06-27-2007

CanadaSVT,Jun 26 2007, 12:53 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 25 2007, 08:12 AM Wrote:It's amazing what you can do with some good rubbing compound and a little elbow grease.
No pic of scratch before and after?
[right][snapback]242380[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately I didn't get any.

I'll do a demo on the next one I find. :P

Removing Scratches. - naz - 06-12-2008

if you aren't super picky about how the car looks (such as me with my old WRX) you can also just slap on mother's cleaner wax and call it a day

it does a good job hiding light scratches that don't go through the clear coat, and also removing surface contaminants.

if the scratch is through the clear coat and has damaged the paint, i don't think even clay bar, etc etc will help... or is that not true?

Removing Scratches. - Flofocus - 06-12-2008

naz,Jun 11 2008, 05:47 PM Wrote:if the scratch is through the clear coat and has damaged the paint, i don't think even clay bar, etc etc will help... or is that not true?
[right][snapback]266572[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, clay bar isnt a spray gun with paint. You would need to get it repainted if its pass teh clear coat and into the sheet metal. Only paint will fix that.

Removing Scratches. - hanserus - 10-21-2008

Is this only for small tiny scratches or are we talking some big ones you can take care of before touch up too?

I should've never given my gf the keys, now there's a pretty bad patch of scratches on the left front edge of the front bumber. :angry:

Removing Scratches. - GFXjamie - 10-21-2008

unfortunately this combination a couple months ago didnt take out the mark left when some kids decided to toss some eggs at my car, they look like mini explosions, 2 one on the pillar and one on the rear pass side door. little jerks

Removing Scratches. - hanserus - 10-22-2008

Would it take as much as possible of this out before I touch it up?

[Image: 2psgbvb.jpg]

RE: Removing Scratches. - paolo - 07-06-2011

hanserous: ouch, thats a nasty scuff. probaly the small white lines can be buffed out, but the part with the missing paint might be easier to just tape off the whole area, and spray it.

RE: Removing Scratches. - habmann - 07-06-2011

(07-06-2011, 11:32 AM)paolo Wrote: hanserous: ouch, thats a nasty scuff. probaly the small white lines can be buffed out, but the part with the missing paint might be easier to just tape off the whole area, and spray it.

Why are we bringing a 2-1/2 yr old thread back to life? I'm sure if he hasn't got it fixed by now, he's not going to fix it at this point.

Thanks for the useless advice Tongue

RE: Removing Scratches. - ANTHONYD - 07-07-2011

Leave it to Paulo

RE: Removing Scratches. - meford4u - 07-07-2011

Fuktard alert fuktard alert.

Oh, and I rode your Mom while your Dad watched last night.

RE: Removing Scratches. - ZTWsquared - 07-07-2011

(07-07-2011, 10:05 AM)meford4u Wrote: Fuktard alert fuktard alert.

Whaaat ... are you and Anthony on the outs again?

RE: Removing Scratches. - meford4u - 07-08-2011

Again? News to me.

You are getting old Ken. That was directed at my buddy Paolo

(07-07-2011, 11:40 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:

RE: Removing Scratches. - ZTWsquared - 07-08-2011

(07-08-2011, 01:33 PM)meford4u Wrote: Again? News to me.

You are getting old Ken. That was directed at my buddy Paolo

(07-07-2011, 11:40 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:

Don't make me dig up the thread - yes, you 2 had what could best be described as a lovers quarrel, but apparently you made up ... and yes I know you were talking about the P man but the way you worded your post, it actually could have been P or A ... just trying to revive the PITA spirit ... the PITA force is not so strong in you these days.

Oh yeah ... LOL.

RE: Removing Scratches. - ANTHONYD - 07-09-2011

I love Bryan.
No quarrel here. LOL.