FocusCanada Forums
3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Meetings and G2Gs (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: 3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq (/showthread.php?tid=5899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - 2001 ZTS - 04-24-2007

ANTHONYD,Apr 24 2007, 07:38 AM Wrote:Any way you can get us into the port again this year????
[right][snapback]236050[/snapback][/right]

Not to the same place but possibly the parking pad of my office:

[Image: P8110549.jpg]

Lots of trucks though even on weekends. The plus is that "aerial" shots would be possible similar to above^

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - ANTHONYD - 04-24-2007

Hmmm...that may work too.

What happened a few years ago?,
was it a fluke that there was a completely empty port lot? because that was perfect!

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - 2001 ZTS - 04-24-2007

Higher level of security, more and more each year. By Nov 07 all the entrances off Eastport Drive, Strathearne and everywhere else in the port will be gated and have guards. Plus that location we used before is active again last time I looked.

Backgrounder if one is bored:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/MarineSecurity/Regulat..._commitment.htm

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - oldeguy - 04-24-2007

I'll going to make a serious attempt to be there this year.

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - torradan - 04-24-2007

I'm going to try and grace everyone with my presence.

So count it for me + 1.. gonna try to get the old lady to go.. I doubt we'll be able to get her to bring her car though :)

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - Flofocus - 04-25-2007

Ill try and make it. To far to tell right now,....I have lots to do with the house and not so much time with all the activities the wife has planned :rolleyes:

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - habmann - 04-25-2007

Got my request in for the day off. So aslong as that comes thru count me in.

I don't get to many days off on weekends during the summer but this is such a great event that i'll pull some strings to try and attend.

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - NOS2Go4Me - 04-25-2007

I don't think we have much lined up for that weekend, so I don't see why we can't make it!

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - habmann - 04-26-2007

Ok just saw the sched at work, I'll be attending for sure.

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - zx5power - 04-26-2007

wish i lived in ontario maybe next year ill save for the trip will def be the longest drive lol

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - darkpuppet - 04-29-2007

a little vid from lastyear...

[Image: th_focuscanadabbq-2006_0001.jpg]

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - meford4u - 04-29-2007

^^^Nice that you slowed the video down just as Char and her bouncy bounces walked by. ;) :lol:

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - Drivesthebeast - 04-29-2007

I'll see if I can come down to this...I want to try and do a couple of minor changes to my car before then...

L8tz

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - focuzedn2o - 04-30-2007

count me in!
Anyone comin down from ottawa this year?

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - Drivesthebeast - 04-30-2007

I'd be one of the folks coming down from the Ottawa Region...

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - NikiterZTS - 04-30-2007

meford4u,Apr 29 2007, 04:34 AM Wrote:^^^Nice that you slowed the video down just as Char and her bouncy bounces walked by. ;)  :lol:
[right][snapback]236711[/snapback][/right]

haha
and i thought he slowed down to see my car a lil better :lol:

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - NefCanuck - 04-30-2007

Well done vid... I like the choice of music that goes with it... what is it?

NefCanuck

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - darkpuppet - 04-30-2007

NefCanuck,Apr 29 2007, 11:37 PM Wrote:Well done vid...  I like the choice of music that goes with it... what is it?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]236788[/snapback][/right]

the music is from a band consisting of buddies from my highschool. Some of the instrumental is good, but the production value of the CD is pretty amateur... which stands to reason as it was a bunch of highschool kids back in '94

the full song is here

I can make you a copy if you want.. it's pretty easy listening.

btw..thanks for the compliment.. I'm not happy with it, as I only took an hour away from work yesterday... it's damn near impossible to loop music with just windows movie maker...

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - NikiterZTS - 04-30-2007

im just not sure why we haven't see this video a year ago....? .... :ph34r:

3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq - darkpuppet - 04-30-2007

NikiterZTS,Apr 30 2007, 01:04 AM Wrote:im just not sure why we haven't see this video a year ago....?  .... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]236793[/snapback][/right]

Some of this stuff gets pushed back on the plate due to work... for example, I put in 26 hours this weekend alone...and I got around to the vid 'cause I needed a break from work, and figured fixing one of my broken computers might be a good idea... and was high time I got my video software re-installed... but didn't get around to that either...