FocusCanada Forums
New Engine Is In... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: New Engine Is In... (/showthread.php?tid=8915)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New Engine Is In... - Flofocus - 07-12-2006

Went to start her up last night and nothing. :(

No spark, and I doubt Im getting fuel as I pulled the plug and couldnt really smell fuel on it. There is fuel in the lines, because when I pulled the line, gas came out...obviously SOME fuel pressue going in the rail....

I was up till 2am trying to figure out the bitch, no luck. Im thinking its something to do with my Crank sensor. Ford Tech was telling me that if thats messed up, not grounded, etc, it will cut fuel and spark to your engine. He also wants me to retry with the aftermarket alarm off....not to sure why.

Any clues? Going nuts here, I need some torque in my life. I'm misreable. :(

Also, if anybody could tell me where the ground for the battery is, that would be really great. The friend that helped me cant remeber where he took it off. This is the ground from the - battery side, to somewhere in the back around teh tranny or somehting...shouldnt be to hard to checked, just follow the line from the bat.

New Engine Is In... - Mason - 07-13-2006

He asked with the alarm off because some aftermarket alarms now come with Fuel Cut off features.

New Engine Is In... - Jays2000ZX3 - 07-13-2006

If the engine ain't grounded that might be a problem. Is it turning over? Are you doing this yourself or at the shop?

New Engine Is In... - Flofocus - 07-13-2006

Doing it myself.

The engine is turning but doesnt sound right, not sure if it has to do with the no spark/fuel thing though.

What are you doing this week-end? I think its time for a road trip. :P

New Engine Is In... - Focused - 07-13-2006

you forgot to install spark plugs didn't you....

what motor are you installing? why did you remove it? ...and why don't you have torque?

Focused,Jul 12 2006, 11:05 AM Wrote:you forgot to install spark plugs didn't you....

what motor are you installing?  why did you remove it? ...and why don't you have torque?
[right][snapback]197221[/snapback][/right]

My tuner fubard my old engine.

04 Zetec engine with 24K is the new beast

I dont have torque because I'm driving a Honda right now.

New Engine Is In... - naz - 07-13-2006

Flofocus,Jul 12 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:I dont have torque because I'm driving a Honda right now.
[right][snapback]197226[/snapback][/right]

pfft.. just keep hitting da vt3c y0

i'm sure you've already checked all of this obvious sh!t but maybe check for fuses, loose connectors?

also are you reusing your old pcm and key?

naz,Jul 12 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jul 12 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:I dont have torque because I'm driving a Honda right now.
[right][snapback]197226[/snapback][/right]

pfft.. just keep hitting da vt3c y0

i'm sure you've already checked all of this obvious sh!t but maybe check for fuses, loose connectors?

also are you reusing your old pcm and key?
[right][snapback]197231[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, Im gonna check connections and fusus tonight....AGAIN. <_<

Yup, running the old ECU with the new tune. Even when the old engine was fubard in still started and rolled with its own power. We took out a 04 engine, took off the intake manifold (injectors & all) off the old engine and put it on the new engine, same with my exhaust manifold (duh).

New Engine Is In... - Focused - 07-13-2006

so it's still turbo?

yes

New Engine Is In... - NOS2Go4Me - 07-13-2006

Yeah, start at the fuses and underhood relays and work your way towards the block from there. Also, if it doesn't sound "good" cranking without catching... you might want to look into that.

I'm at work or I'd go check for you... but I have a SPI. Might not be the same.

New Engine Is In... - NikiterZTS - 07-13-2006

u comming to next meet?

The new engine was from an auto, the Crankshaft pos sensor is a little deeper than the manual so I have to tear it down AGAIN and replace the sensor mounts. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Should have never sold my Justy. Murphys law really pisses me off.

New Engine Is In... - scoobasteve - 07-13-2006

Flofocus,Jul 12 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:The new engine was from an auto, the Crankshaft pos sensor is a little deeper than the manual so I have to tear it down AGAIN and replace the sensor mounts.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Should have never sold my Justy.  Murphys law really pisses me off.
[right][snapback]197262[/snapback][/right]

fack! where does the sensor mount flo?

The MOUNT is inside the block supposbly. :angry:

New Engine Is In... - scoobasteve - 07-13-2006

thats friggin terrible....

lol, you may as well order up some new pistons and titanum valvetrain bits :)

New Engine Is In... - hardk0re - 07-13-2006

i'm sure you can get at it easy enough...maybe don't even need to pull the motor again.

hardk0re,Jul 12 2006, 06:43 PM Wrote:i'm sure you can get at it easy enough...maybe don't even need to pull the motor again.
[right][snapback]197287[/snapback][/right]

looked at it tonight....

1 bolt outside the block, 1 inside between the tranny and block. <_<

Yay, round 2. :rolleyes:

New Engine Is In... - boost til'bust - 07-15-2006

yea....there is a ford tsb on that. even when you buy a FQR motor from ford, you have to make sure you check the crank sensor.

that really sucks....hope it all works out for ya.

New Engine Is In... - tdot-zx3 - 07-17-2006

Build a honda instead... ;)
Im looking for another shell soon...